GTi Newbie Saying Hi

Rich R32

Hi folks, having scanned your nice n friendly forum for the past few weeks for advice/info. I thought I had better join up and introduce myself.

My name is Rich from the Northeast of England. Some of you may know or have seen me from various shows/events like Harewood or Gti International?

I am also a member of R32OC.com forum as I own a MK4 R32 as well as my recent purchase being the Lupo (my daily driver).

Anyway enough of my waffle, here she is….

LuLu001-1.jpg

LuLu002.jpg

LuLu003-2.jpg

LuLu004-2.jpg

LuLu005-1.jpg

LuLu006.jpg

She is 9yrs old and has covered around 91k miles. However, I would not describe her as 'mint condition' good maybe but nonetheless an honest example. I bought her with a few little' niggles ie worn inner CV joints, electrical issues with windows/switches etc, faulty ABS control module, faulty indicator stalk and a few minor scuffs to rear bumper and stone chips on the bonnet - which is to be expected for it’s age I suppose? Other than that she does have a full service history, lots of paper work/invoices etc and most importantly she drives fine.

My plan is to restore, repair and do some subtle mods to bring her back to new (funds permitting lol) as I have done to all my previous cars....

Here are few snap shots (taken over the last 4 years) of her big brother for those who may or may not be interested?

011a-1.jpg

RichR321-1.jpg

4455695060_751131a048_b-1.jpg

DSC_1474.jpg

R32VsImage017.jpg

R32VsImage013.jpg

RearTransRefurbpart9024.jpg

RearTransRefurbpart9010.jpg

RearTransRefurbpart9014.jpg

005.jpg

Thanks for reading,(work permitting)I will try to attend a few local meets in the near distant future and have a good natter with some like minded peeps!

Cheers

Rich :thumbsup:

Edited by Rich R32

Thats epic rich! B)

I expect the lupo feels a little slower with 375 fewer horses :lol:

I agree the Lupo may be of a few ponies short BUT boy is it fun! TBH, I think it's a cracking little' car with hardly any weight and such a torquey engine.

BTW, I am loving those rims you have in your sig Awesome! :D

I agree the Lupo may be of a few ponies short BUT boy is it fun! TBH, I think it's a cracking little' car with hardly any weight and such a torquey engine.

BTW, I am loving those rims you have in your sig Awesome! :D

Yeah they are cool little cars, thats for sure :)

Cheers.... they're up in the for sale section as I've just bought a mk5 gti, just incase you wanted to treat your new car... :D

Lovely set of cars you have got there Rich, must admit I am rather envious!

What are the mods/specs of the R32?

Thanks Defcon5

Spec sheet is here linky http://www.r32oc.com/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=4

Rolling road session @ motoscope back in Feb 2010. Gave the following results

Run 1

RRdayMotoscope2010016.jpg

Run 2

RRdayMotoscope2010017.jpg

Run 3

RRdayMotoscope2010018.jpg

Dyno Print Out

RRdayMotoscope2010020.jpg

TBH, the clutch I was running (at the time) didn't hold up too well...since then it's been replaced. Hopefully I may see a little bit more when I return in October but we'll see?

Thanks for your interest. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I have perved on your R32 at a few shows now.

If I remember rightly, it was in the R32 symphony at Billing this year?

Hi Rich, btw what a great name...

Yes, I was at the very first R-Fest Show @ Billingham Aquadrome.

Just to refresh

Any excuse I know but it was a great day & great turnout! :D

yup, I remember that video.

in fact, 4:14, you can see my car randomly sitting there.

It is indeed the greatest of names, I even have it on the r32oc.

Edited by Rich

no, I'm comfortable with my dents.

It's not even overly slammed either, it's semi sensible for daily abusing and actually driving without having to worry about breaking anything.

They do drive me mad, but the polo was a London car before I got it, there's only a couple and if I sort them, it'll mean an entire respray as I wouldn't want to do it by half.

I may actually do a mini write up on it as it's going for some more surgery soon, kinda getting the mechanicals right on it, enjoys burning oil and the gearbox seal needs replacing so I'm just going to replace the engine and box with something which hasn't been done before in a Polo.

Yup, hence you're at all the VW shows locally, I am aware of all this.

23062010281.jpg

The only salsa green polo gti in existence, I do get about a lot but nobody ever seems to spot it.