EGR Valve

bobcr

Hi

I wonder if anyone knows whether you can split the EGR valve on a 1.0 Lupo 2002 I got a fault code for the EGR valve and took the valve off to clean it, took the two screws out that look like they held the valve body to the alloy cast base but it wouldnt come apart, tried to split it with a blade bit no joy so just cleaned it as best I could and refitted it but now its leaking water out of the split where I tried to part it so must have damaged the seal. I will have to take it back off again ( a right pain of a job ! ) and either split it and fix the gasket or replace it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Bob

Hi

I wonder if anyone knows whether you can split the EGR valve on a 1.0 Lupo 2002 I got a fault code for the EGR valve and took the valve off to clean it, took the two screws out that look like they held the valve body to the alloy cast base but it wouldnt come apart, tried to split it with a blade bit no joy so just cleaned it as best I could and refitted it but now its leaking water out of the split where I tried to part it so must have damaged the seal. I will have to take it back off again ( a right pain of a job ! ) and either split it and fix the gasket or replace it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Bob

I ended up replacing mine for £138 and 67p for the gasket. I tried what you have attempted with very little success sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

I took it off and had another go at it but wouldnt split so made a blocking gasket out of copper sheet and put it back so I can use the car while I get a new one. Engine check light came on again but no difference in driving or power noticed.

Got a similar issue with my 1.0 litre. Engine light on, VAGCOM gives an EGR fault code - but the car drives absolutely fine.

Guess I'd best start by taking off the EGR and giving it a clean out.

Question - can the valve be removed without shifting the airbox - or is it an Airbox Off job?

Any thoughts on who's doing the best price on a new one (just in case the clean up doesn't work). Part number is 030 131 503 F.

Thanks,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...