New headlight bulb for the loop - Just bought some snazzy ones......

Lynsey

Hey Blue Loop...Fitting the new bulbs is a little bit tricky if you have big hands, a good hint is to make sure the enging is cold!

The light units don't have to be removed biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Open the bonnet, the lights have a black plastic cover on the back, these have a metal clip holding them in place, pull this clip upwards.

The plastic cover then needs to be removed, pull it backwards and upwards.

Unplug the old bulb, and unclip it (there is a wire clip holding it in).

Put in the new bulb (DO NOT touch the glass part of the bulb!!) clip in the new bulb, plug it in, replace the cover, then spend the next week croozin' at night!!!! :thumbs: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sly wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> , just in time i was gonna do it after lunch and im just about to have lunch tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thanks a lot for the advice, i tell you i was gonna get the whole headlight out of place!!! :0

Let us know how they turn out Alvaro smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Looks like doing mine is gonna be a job for saturday at this rate sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Mine are going in on saturday smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

That is once I pick myself up off the floor after some more quotes for spraying - I'm prepared honest!!! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p

QUOTE(Alan VW)
any pics yet mate?

Yeah come on Alvaro we wanna see biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

AND the awaited pics are finally here, they've just been made (its actually hotter outside than at home luz2.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

luz3.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

luz.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

It looks great :thumbs: biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

TBH the left one was a bit tricky as the battery is in the middle taking up loads of space, but the other one was pretty easy to fit smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Piccies look great Alvaro smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Can't wait to see the (same) result with mine too biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This time tomorrow............. :thumbs:

i got my other bulb....

fitted in all....

so roll on the dark !! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I have nice cuts all over my hands thou biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Alan VW)
I have nice cuts all over my hands thou  :D

U need delicate "womens" fingers Alan biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I'll fill u in on how mine go....not that I'm personally fitting them myself - but I shall be watchin over wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Mine are in too :thumbs: [i:post_uid0]Finally[/i:post_uid0] biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Gonna take the loop out for a spin tonight to test them tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• 1 year later...

WTF *major old thread alert* when I used to be a spammer laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Erm well seeing as Alan VW and Jon ain't got their lupo's no more, and Alvaro ain't always about, I guess it'll be down to me for pics :?

Tis the `mini-meet` tonight so will get some "in the dark" pics then.

If you're thinking of getting some....do it!! They're sooooooo much brighter than standard ones, although light is more "white" with a blue tinge TBH, depends how you look at them!

And yes, the `passenger-side` one is a b*tch to fit :x

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas how to unplug the plug correctly? I fitted thousands of bulbs, but for some reason the wire clip doesnt hold the bulb in well enough for you to unplug the plug!!!