16' / 8" gti ?

vpolo

is and one or has anyone ran 16/8" on the front of there gti at all if so what off sets tyres etc were you running any pics at all

cheers matt

i run 16x8,s as my dailys matt on my sport et 35 with 195/40/16 contis your gonna have to keep the et as close to that other wise your gonna rub on the outside arch im prety sure mike m runs 16x8,s on his gti

I have 16x7.5J spacced to ET30 front, and ET10 rear, If your arches are rolled, it's fine. The wheel/tyre profile is actually smaller if you use 195/40 tyres, rather than 45 on 15" rim.

has anyone got any pics i have got my arches rolled !!! just wundering really as i have alot of power to put down i need wide wheels on the front and 16' s will help with grip

matt

Matt, you will be surprised how well you can put the power down with 7.5's, I run a 7.5 with a 195 tyre. It really is quite manageable if you know how to drive. Is that engine the standard 240bhp version or has it had work done to it?

Just remember to get a good geometry setup done too, don't go too mad on front camber or you will loose the grip you gained by putting the wider wheels on.

I went from -2 degrees on the front down to -1.5 deg, and I could notice the difference in how much wheelspin... Well not wheelspin its more tramping in the lupo!

Youl be fine getting those fronts to fit, I run a 15 with 7.5 rim, 195 tyre and an offset of something like 10 on the front if your arch lips are rolled totally flat, ou won't have an issue

Matt, you will be surprised how well you can put the power down with 7.5's, I run a 7.5 with a 195 tyre. It really is quite manageable if you know how to drive. Is that engine the standard 240bhp version or has it had work done to it?

Just remember to get a good geometry setup done too, don't go too mad on front camber or you will loose the grip you gained by putting the wider wheels on.

I went from -2 degrees on the front down to -1.5 deg, and I could notice the difference in how much wheelspin... Well not wheelspin its more tramping in the lupo!

Youl be fine getting those fronts to fit, I run a 15 with 7.5 rim, 195 tyre and an offset of something like 10 on the front if your arch lips are rolled totally flat, ou won't have an issue

the bbs are running 7.5 at the moment and iam runing 1.5 deg camber on the front i think i may stick with a 7.5 on the front but iam still going to a 16" wheel for a few reasons

yes its a qs engine quite rare :)

matt

Strange choice to go for a QS engine over an LCR/S3/TT BAM engine. The engine in the QS Seems not to be as responsive to modifications. Cars on the TT Forum with Identical mods, the QS always seems to come out with a little less power top end from the BAM engine'd vehicles.

Rumour has it the slightly lower compression on the BFV engine is what makes them slightly less responsive to normal tuning methods (Intercooler, Mapping, Actuator etc) however having looked further into this, All the BAM, APY, AMK, APX and BFV engines run 9:1 compression ratios.

Still, Who cares, It's in a Lupo! :) Winnar Winnar chikin Dinnar!

Edited by nfbr