Ride Height

Billster

Guys and Girls

This might sound stupid but how do you measure ride height? from where to where do i measure :confused:

how do you's know how low you have lowered your car?

I would say it would need to be from the sill or wheel arch to the ground.

Measure before and after lowering, subtract after from before and you'll get your figure.

I'd measure front arch lip at the center point of the arch to the floor.

(then measure lip to wheel rim edge to see the arch gap difference)

(then measure lip to wheel rim edge to see the arch gap difference)

But on my Arosa I swapped the OEM 155\70\13 tyres for 185\60\14, so the car was actually raised by .6" whilst also closing the arch gap by .6".

I then put on -45mm springs which lowered the chasis over the wheels and ground bby 45mm.

I then swapped the wheels and tyres for 165\60\13 which lowered the car to the grounb by another .8", but will have made the arch gap bigger by the same amount.

So lower doesn't always mean smaller arch gap and bigger arch gap doesn't always mean higher.

Go figure. :lol:

ok wot i did after putting in the rear adjusters was, adjust the front and measured from bottom of thread to where i wounded to (25mm) but i forgot to measure before putting adjusters in and before i did the front :lol::blush:

could i use a spirit level to make it a even height :confused: or is that just pure stupid like the numb nut that i am :lol: