Lupor Sport fuel economy

Nufab

Hey guys,

I've owned my Lupo Sport for about a year now, hoping it'd be a cheap runabout.. however I only ever seem to get about 200 miles to a tank of petrol, which works out at about 30mpg. How does everyone else compare? Admittedly, I had a diesel Golf before the Lupo, which would do a minimum of 45mpg according to the trip computer, but I had expected slightly better from the Sport!

If it is unusually low, is there anything I should look at? I serviced it myself when I bought it, and otherwise its not really given me any trouble.

Cheers,

Chris

Hey guys,

I've owned my Lupo Sport for about a year now, hoping it'd be a cheap runabout.. however I only ever seem to get about 200 miles to a tank of petrol, which works out at about 30mpg. How does everyone else compare? Admittedly, I had a diesel Golf before the Lupo, which would do a minimum of 45mpg according to the trip computer, but I had expected slightly better from the Sport!

If it is unusually low, is there anything I should look at? I serviced it myself when I bought it, and otherwise its not really given me any trouble.

Cheers,

Chris

i can only get about 200 to a tank aswel mate. thats revving it a bit aswel.

depends on how you drive i used to do alot of short journeys and would only get around 200-215, but after doing alot more motorway hourneys between 60-70 mph ive seen it rise to between 250 to 290 at 29o it worked out around 48mpg

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Chris

Hi

I can do maximum 215 miles of town short journeys from my 1.4s...

I should get a tdi or sth instead of this thirsty little car...

good luck with yours!

Cheers!

MickB

I can get around £37 in my tank if I run it very low which i rarely do. Usually around £32-£35 fills it though.

Most I have got is around 380 to a tank. Usually I get 220 thrashing it though. At the moment im on 150 mile to 3/4 of a tank though.

It helps if you give the volume of fuel you put in rather than the price... How do we know you haven't just filled up with fuel at £3 a litre?!

• 8 months later...

I just drove from Henley on Thames to my house near Taunton. I filled up in Henley, brimmed the tank to two full clicks. Then drove following Landrover Supercharged Sports all the way home mainly in the second and third lanes, i wont say an average speed.

So... A roads, M4, then M5 then B roads.

Car was right on half when i reached Tton, then just touching the bottom of half when i actually got up the driveway. That is over (what google earth says) 152 miles. Dont know how that works out for mpg, but i find it strange that after i refilled in Tton (again two clicks past full) and drove to Plymouth (78 miles), i had used just past half a tank, even though i stayed between 60 and 70 the whole way? does the engine find it easier at higher revs? it almost seems that i may get more mpg at 70 in 4th rather than 5th. weather was basically identical both days. Yes there are a few hills on the way to Plymouth but not enough to make that much difference surely? Same amount of luggage both days too, and car is running with no rear seats (not for the chav look, but cos i couldnt fit all my gf's luggage in it on the way up to Henley). Anyone got any ideas as to why this is?

following the rangerove would bring it down sitting 10ft from a truck increases fuel economy by 50%

I wasnt that close to any vehicles (no grafting), and it wasnt just landrovers, it was meant to be a bit tounge in cheek to decribe their usual driving style.