Insurance quotes on a gti

je_gti

I've been paying £930 for TPFT cover on my 03 lupo gti, aged 20 (1 years NCB), student, good postcode area, with Egg car insurance. Clean driving license, never been refused insurance or any convictions whatsover. But now its up for renewal at the end of this month I can't seem to find any quotes under £1000.

Tried egg again, brentacre, adrian flux, bell, elephant, admiral and a few others.

Brentacre I thought would be competitive but the best they could do was £1900!

Anyone know why the quotes seem to be significantly more than what I've been paying (especially as now I've got 1 years NCB which I didnt have before) and who are people insured by on their gti's and prices you're paying?

Josh

most peoples insurance will have gone up by anything upto 25% this year.

It's due to a number of things: 1. Inflation, 2. The number of 'Uninsured Loss' claims being made (directly linked to the number of uninsured drivers going up), 3. A bunch of other stuff.

Yes, my insurance went up by £150 when it was time to renew with my first year of no claims. Found an even better quote than before by shopping around, so that was lucky.

My insurance has gone up by 40% ish. apprently, its due to the amount of claims that went through from the bad winter we had.

a friend of mine works for co-operative insurance, and they have a 55 thousand backlog of claims going through.

think the insurance companies have had a good kicking this year,flood claims etc

and unfortunately its the average man in the street who foots the bill with higher premiums

having said that mine came down to well below £180 fully comp,protected ncb,100 excess

however I'm 44,been driving for 27yrs :rolleyes: haven't claimed for over 10yrs,and that wasn't my fault!!!

when i was 20 i was struggling to insure a 1.0 mini metro :lol: let alone any thing with a gti badge on

you could try increasing the excess you pay if you claim,that sometimes brings down premiums

think the insurance companies have had a good kicking this year,flood claims etc

and unfortunately its the average man in the street who foots the bill with higher premiums

having said that mine came down to well below £180 fully comp,protected ncb,100 excess

however I'm 44,been driving for 27yrs :rolleyes: haven't claimed for over 10yrs,and that wasn't my fault!!!

when i was 20 i was struggling to insure a 1.0 mini metro :lol: let alone any thing with a gti badge on

you could try increasing the excess you pay if you claim,that sometimes brings down premiums

At your middle ageness i feel you should be the forum sage for all the younger ones.

So mods can bithmeister be like a cool agony uncle for the 17-21 year olds on the site needing answers to those major late teen angst problems ????

Can we have your views on drugs, binge drinking and the problems associated with casual sex , the young'ns need your knowledge , go forth and enlighten them.

Edited by scotty_82

Can we have your views on drugs, binge drinking and the problems associated with casual sex , the young'ns need your knowledge , go forth and enlighten them.

oo id like the chance of any of the above especially the casual sex :lol:

dont really think id be much help,my son is 19,when i talk to him all he does is make strange mumbling sounds :blink::lol: