**GTI Debadged Grill** where can i find one?

Red Lupo

Search.

as he said "I cant find one anywhere" naturally this would comfirm the fact that he has searched, so why be so blunt?

and RED LUPO, to my knowledge I do not think a company makes a badgless GTi grille, if you have seen any, they may have been custom made

you make it using the original grill and the mesh from the lower grill in the bumper so spares shall have to be bought so could end up very pricey

you make it using the original grill and the mesh from the lower grill in the bumper so spares shall have to be bought so could end up very pricey

I've seen three badgeless grills on GTI's.

One was blackrats, and it was made out of the lower bumper grill, just cut to size. It looked canny cack.

One was a standard 3-slat non-GTI grill made to fit. That looked canny cack because it didn't fit properly.

One was on Linz's cream GTI, made by plastic welding two (or more) grills together. It looked good. The person who did it said he would never make another, due to it taking him around 70 man hours, or something like that.

as it says in the description its not for a gti

I've seen three badgeless grills on GTI's.

One was blackrats, and it was made out of the lower bumper grill, just cut to size. It looked canny cack.

One was a standard 3-slat non-GTI grill made to fit. That looked canny cack because it didn't fit properly.

One was on Linz's cream GTI, made by plastic welding two (or more) grills together. It looked good. The person who did it said he would never make another, due to it taking him around 70 man hours, or something like that.

70 man hours? Eeeek so whats that, like £2800 in labour? She must have really wanted one!! :P

Tbh i don't think they suit the gti at all, look much better with the badge if you ask me :wub:

Does anyone know if a GTI grill would fit and Sdi? I replaced the standard grill for a de-badged one and well it looks s**t but it was such a f**k about to fit i can't be bothered to change it back. i really like the gti grill but the only one i can find with a simila style is de-badged. (Kamei Grill) any advice??? I've discovered in many things that the Gti parts don't fit Sdi's and well i'm not wanting to pay for a Gti grill to find thats another part that doesn't match and i really dislike the mesh rubbish many places sell for you to cut yourself to fit i'd rather take a sledge hammer to my groin! (as you gather i don't like them)

Cheers guys

Does anyone know if a GTI grill would fit and Sdi? I replaced the standard grill for a de-badged one and well it looks s**t but it was such a f**k about to fit i can't be bothered to change it back. i really like the gti grill but the only one i can find with a simila style is de-badged. (Kamei Grill) any advice??? I've discovered in many things that the Gti parts don't fit Sdi's and well i'm not wanting to pay for a Gti grill to find thats another part that doesn't match and i really dislike the mesh rubbish many places sell for you to cut yourself to fit i'd rather take a sledge hammer to my groin! (as you gather i don't like them)

Cheers guys

No they are not a straight fit and would need loads of modification to grill\bumper.

:)

No they are not a straight fit and would need loads of modification to grill\bumper.

:)

Typical, think i'm going to stop spending on this one and buy a Gti! its a shame they never brought out a proper GT Tdi i'd have been at the front of the queue for one of those.

I think the TDI is badged Sport or GT on the continent. You can get good results with a remap ask Jon_273 and nfbr.

Been a novice here im trying to find out what i can do with my Sdi. (i know a display picture is required) so far i've lowered it, got some black and chrome 16" alloys, tinted windows and had a dash mount screen fitted and am currently finishing some modified door panels to fit some 170mm speakers but i really want some Gti style sides and i'm saving a few £££ for the rieger front end and i've love a Gti spoiler on it too. i think at that point apart from changing the seats im done. next thing is getting some more performance from the 1700 diesel engine but well my knowledge on engine tuning is nil.