AP coilovers

kayla :)

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39121&st=180

check the above link for a couple of pics of mine on the ap's - wound right down, helpers still in - great height and ride, no probs encountered with standard wheels/tyres - only been on for around 500 miles so prob will bed in a bit still

i have nothing but praise for them :)

[quote name=kayla :)' date='25 May 2010 - 12:35 PM' timestamp='1274787329' post='808483]

very smart car B) ...your in northampton arn't you? don't think I've seen you about yet!

the height of your po is pretty much what I want for everyday as it goes, far too many speedbumps at my work and in my village! ..then for any shows I end up going to (if I ever have the time!) I'd like to drop her right on her bum :lol:

Kayla x

Yeah i am! :D i see you are too, but i've never seen you... i dont think lol, its normally just OAP's driving around in lupos.

I work in the town centre and always out in the lupo, the ride i've got mine at is zero problems with speed bumps, i still take them a bit slow just to be careful :)

Where abouts do you live?

ha there's loads of little lupos around northampton being wasted on OAPs! :blink:

thats how I need mine to be, I don't want to destroy my car if I miss one though!

Ah where do you work? I live in Moulton, what about you?

Can i just add a late reply to this- if you're going for the AP's then grease them well before you put them on. They need to be kept on top of otherwise the adjusters will sieze, especially as they dont have 2 locking rings, just one with a little allen bolt in it to secure it. (That little bugger is siezed solid on mine!) Very good coilovers, but i'd pay that bit extra for Silverlines again if i was to do it over again...

Can i just add a late reply to this- if you're going for the AP's then grease them well before you put them on. They need to be kept on top of otherwise the adjusters will sieze, especially as they dont have 2 locking rings, just one with a little allen bolt in it to secure it. (That little bugger is siezed solid on mine!) Very good coilovers, but i'd pay that bit extra for Silverlines again if i was to do it over again...

are they pretty high maintenance then? being a girl I'd be getting my guy friends to fit all this so want something which is manageable for me! :)

thankyou for the advice, most appreciated. x

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this late again :lol: Nah not high maintainence, just make sure you grease them well before they go on as its a pain once they are in place to get a brush on them. Make sure they have a good coating of copper grease, ive just noticed it a lot more compared to my old bulletproof silverlines that literlly took a light once over with a wheel brush to come up like new ;)

Personally I wouldn't bother with FK Coilovers. The quality really has gone absolutely downhill in the past few years! The last set I dealt with had the lower mounting brackets welded on upside down and when I contacted FK about the warranty, they stated "Well if you had a proper mechanic fitting them he could have re-fitted it the right way round".

The AP's are much more comfortable on the Lupo's than the FK's ever were too!

thanks for the heads up :P

Personally I wouldn't bother with FK Coilovers. The quality really has gone absolutely downhill in the past few years! The last set I dealt with had the lower mounting brackets welded on upside down and when I contacted FK about the warranty, they stated "Well if you had a proper mechanic fitting them he could have re-fitted it the right way round".

The AP's are much more comfortable on the Lupo's than the FK's ever were too!

yeah i'm definitely gonna go for the APs anyway :) thankyou for the advice guys its really helped xx