LUPO GTI 3 BUTTON KEY FOB

HI, HAVE A 2 BUTTON FLIP KEY FOB IS IT POSSIBLE TO USE A 3 BUTTON FLIP KEY FOB ON MY CAR. NOT TO SURE IF YOU HAVE TO ADD SOME ITEMS TO WORK. :D

Edited by henlupo

What does the boot button actually do on a Lupo? Just unlock the boot?

As the boot button on my Bora quite literally opens the boot for me!

What does the boot button actually do on a Lupo? Just unlock the boot?

As the boot button on my Bora quite literally opens the boot for me!

Yes unlocks the boot, you open it manually, and when you shut it, it automatically relocks it. Well, it does on mine. :)

Yeah, Mine dis-arms the alarm and opens the boot for me on the bora, then when you shut the boot automatically re-locks and arms the alarm.

Quite a nice little feature if you've got your hands full of stuff that needs to go in the boot, however as of yet, I've not discovered where the third hand to press the button comes from.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, WILL GTI WORK WITH 3 BUTTON FLIP KEYS OR WILL I HAVE TO UPGRADE THE CCM UNIT******AS MY GTI IS 2001 Y REG ONE OF THE FIRST...CHEERS :coffee:

Edited by henlupo

HI, WILL GTI WORK WITH 3 BUTTON FLIP KEYS OR WILL I HAVE TO UPGRADE THE CCM UNIT******AS MY GTI IS 2001 Y REG ONE OF THE FIRST...CHEERS :coffee:

Should still work fine.

Just collect a 3 buton key fob HLO 1J0 959 753 AH sorry about the caps but have tried the remote lock, unlock method with all my keys they worked fine, but this one not having it. :confused:

Edited by henlupo

Have the two original radio remotes, immo chip taken out of the plastic key then inserted into a semi new 2 button remote key so thats three. :o old 2 button flip and old vw keys has 433 mhz new flip has 434 mhz ah , but have read on another web site that vw just round up the mhz. :wacko:

Edited by henlupo

• 3 weeks later...

It'll maybe sound stupid but i don't get it, the blade of my actual GTI key mounts on the new flip key?

I have read the 'how to' thread, so i have to remove the blade of the flip key, and put the new blade in.

This 'new blade' is my actual gti one or do i have to made it to my local vw shop?

ah ok, it sounds simple, I thought that kind of key was highly protected. Thanks Mike.

I can go to any of my local shoemaker/locksmith (don't know if you have this type of shop in England)?

This will be good right?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/New-3-Button-Key-Flip-Fob-shell-blade-badge-for-VW-/290445090956?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439fe0608c

Edited by supreme

ah ok, it sounds simple, I thought that kind of key was highly protected. Thanks Mike.

I can go to any of my local shoemaker/locksmith (don't know if you have this type of shop in England)?

This will be good right?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/N...=item439fe0608c

No thats an empty key.

Needs to be a complete key.

Thanks for the information, i was going to buy it!

So complete key for 3 buttons version, or empty key with my actual chip for a 2 buttons version. I think i (finally) undestand. :D;)

No, you need a complete key, your little circuit board wont fit, well, I don't think it will.