17 Year old Lupo owner

Lupo-Joe

I've resently brought my self a lupo and im looking at buying some mods, i'm not looking at spending hundreds on my car as i don't have that kind of money however, im looking for cheaper mods that still make my car look individual, any ideas people??

Many Thanks

I've resently brought my self a lupo and im looking at buying some mods, i'm not looking at spending hundreds on my car as i don't have that kind of money however, im looking for cheaper mods that still make my car look individual, any ideas people??

Many Thanks

To be honest at 17 years of age, I'd ring your insurance company up and ask them what you are allowed to do. Thinks like de-badging and de-bumpstripping should be okay though. And you'll get away with little things such as a shorter aerial. But I wouldn't think there will be a lot you can do without bumping your insurance up sky high or voiding it I'm afraid.

I was on the phone to my insurace company and asked if i put alloys on would it change, what the guys said is "no, we just need to know that you have them on, it wont change the cost" and that was with quinn. But I never told them bout my coilies, alarm, smoothed boot, or that it was chipped...

I was on the phone to my insurace company and asked if i put alloys on would it change, what the guys said is "no, we just need to know that you have them on, it wont change the cost" and that was with quinn. But I never told them bout my coilies, alarm, smoothed boot, or that it was chipped...

haha why bother at all then lol :D from what i have heard only performance mods will up the insurance visual wont coil overs are visual mods incase of confusion and thats with adrian flux they understand us dubbers :lol:

haha why bother at all then lol :D from what i have heard only performance mods will up the insurance visual wont coil overs are visual mods incase of confusion and thats with adrian flux they understand us dubbers :lol:

Coilovers can up yout insurance

When I put alloys on my car Adrian flux didnt ask for any mor money, I think the fact I have locking wheels nuts helped though.

they wont cos its only a visual mod ... i have told them everything on mine coilovers wheel bodywork etc no difference to standard :)

Many visual mods DO put insurance premiums up as they i) slightly increase the overall value of your car and ii) make your car more desirable to thieves. There are a few companies out there like Quinn who will insure wheels for no extra cost, but I think you'll find that the majority will increase your premium by 5-10% for alloy wheels and then another 5-10% for coilovers.

Edited by NOCK