Center exit exhaust on a 1.4 s !!!

Ralphy

Hello guys ! not to good at stuff involving chassis fabrication ! However i saw a lupo sport with a lovley custom exhaust today and look spot on ! And its made me wonder could i make some modifications to mine so i could get a center exit !!! But however i dont no ! So does anyone kno what could be done ?

Mike

Theres enough room to snake one around underneath the spare wheel well, but it'll look sh*t. If you want it to look OEM, then it needs the boot floor replacing!

there is not a sprae wheel bay ! Its built into the floorpan ! I was thinking of modding it so i can fit a pipe through the metal then out the back ! could be done however will effect the spare wheel :)

there is not a sprae wheel bay ! Its built into the floorpan ! I was thinking of modding it so i can fit a pipe through the metal then out the back ! could be done however will effect the spare wheel :)

You are wrong. There is a spare wheel well. Here is a picture of it straight off ETKA... This section is removable and can be replaced with the boot floor plate from the Sport/GTI. However this requires drilling out the spot welds, removing all the sealant and perhaps welding the new floor plate in.

wheelwell.jpg

I know this because If you lift up the carpet in your boot, there is a spare wheel, in a spare wheel well...

The Lupo Sport had a much 'Flatter' boot floor plate. which allowed for the exhaust to be mounted under the boot floor without scraping along the floor all the road all the time even at standard ride height.

You are wrong. There is a spare wheel well. Here is a picture of it straight off ETKA... This section is removable and can be replaced with the boot floor plate from the Sport/GTI. However this requires drilling out the spot welds, removing all the sealant and perhaps welding the new floor plate in.

wheelwell.jpg

I know this because If you lift up the carpet in your boot, there is a spare wheel, in a spare wheel well...

The Lupo Sport had a much 'Flatter' boot floor plate. which allowed for the exhaust to be mounted under the boot floor without scraping along the floor all the road all the time even at standard ride height.

Indeed i meant its not a seperate wheel bay ! like it is not a rounded one where you could wrap a exhaust round ! however was thinking this :

2z6dyko.jpg

I wouldnt advise just cutting a hole and leaving it :blink:

As far as im aware you can buy the shallow wheel well as an actual part from VW and then replace the one you have. Or on the other hand you could do what i did and cut the hole out and weld one from a donor Sport or GTi at a scrappy or something in :)

Does have the part number for this ??? As i would ideally love to get this sorted before show season !!!

Mike