Golf 4 GTI or Audi S3 seats in a Lupo 3L, will they fit?

So, after reading about how easy it is to swap the standard seats for Golf 4 or S3 Recaros, I was well and truly set to do this on my car, until I randomly went through Recaro's parts catalogue where they list what cars they deliver subframes for. And yet again the all to familar words appeared on the Lupo subframes -> (Nicht 3L/FSI). Then I tried to find pictures of standard Lupo subframes, but in the how-to section, only the Golf 4 ones are pictured (I think)..

Don't know of any nearby wtth Lupos so I can check if there is a difference in mounting points on the car, so if any of you could look at these pictures of my car and tell me it there is a difference from other Lupos, and what it is if there is any, I would greatly appreciate it :) Looks from the picture of the Golf floor that the front mounting point is a little different?

luposeats.jpg

Was afraid of that.. Have to fabricate something then, gives a wider range of seats in the end at least.. Found some Porsche 996 seats in the right colour for my interior, grey leather, for sale locally, they look sweet:

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/butikk/annonse?finnkode=20840810&sid=xz14nbgitShp953598

That's mad... I reckon you could weld in the mounting points from a normal lupo if needed... Wouldn't be too hard as it's only really the front you'd need to do!

• 5 weeks later...

Thats the same type of seat mount that i have in my polo, i fitted a set of Golf4 recaros with the bolt and nut mounting point.

I had to grind the wheels on the recaro seat runners down in half to fit into the rails, and then on the front mounting point i grinded the top half off and drilled two holes for the seats bolts to fit through.

Ill try get a pic tonight of how the mounting point looks now.

S03.jpg

Ah, that's great news :) Please post pics of the mounting points for the mk4 recaros if you have, and if mk3 Golf seats fit, there are many cool recaro seats like colour concept seats etc. Thanks for the info! :D

I am also interested in this too because this will be one of the first mods I want to do with my Lupo, depending on the seats already in it of course.

Haakon - what you planning on doing with your rear bench? re-trim?

if the holes dont match perfectly you could always put a thick plate between and drill holes and then screw/bolt from floor mount hole on to plate then screw/bolt plate to seat hole. if you get me? lol

Micp, surely you won't be buying a 3L though? They have different mounts, hence this thread.

Ah I didn't notice the 3L bit :blush: I'm new to the whole Lupo scene so I didn't realise this was a special edition model.

And that rear looks mean!