G60 wheel upgrade

TDi_B5

I'm thinking of getting some 15" G60 steel wheels for the arosa and was wondering what to do about tyre pressures? I just want more of a footprint on the road and I like the look of these wheels. As far as tyres go, I'm not after super low profile or stupidly wide, perhaps some 185/55/15s? Anyone got any ideas? Will it affect the speedo in any way as there will be a 2" difference in the size of the wheels?

• 3 weeks later...

This will calulate it all for you

assuming you have 13" steels with 175/70's fitted currently

G60's with 185/55's fitted would be about right.

speedo would read slightly below the actual speed.0.5mph'ish

Edited by Jowey

185/55/15's are pretty big, surely the standard 13" size isn't 175/70/13? Isn't the standard 14" size 185/55/14?

I would think 195/45 or 185/45's would be better. 165/50 Bridgestone's look great on 6's, but as you say you don't want anything really small...

Tyre pressures stay the same, whatever it says on your fuel cap.

And yeah, you fit lower profile tyres to keep the overall rolling radius the same to keep your speedo reading correctly when fitting bigger wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

195/45/15's are whats specified for the optional extra Arosa Sport wheels.

Will check the pressures for 195/45/15's at lunch today and get back to you as these pressures are for the arosa :)

And on that note, I'm running 195/50/15's at the moment on my arosa and needed -1.5deg camber shims on the rear and slight camber on the front to stop rubbing issues when lowered 100mm.

Only needed slight front camber for 195/45/15's at 120mm down.