Breather pipe help

Golf+sezza

Hi guys and gals...

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a new breather pipe which runs from the back of the air filter box down into the engine (with sensor) instead of forking out through my local VDub dealer?

I believe the part number could be: 036103474AP

Fanks

Sezza

I needed one of these for mine, I tried loads of scrap yards and even if they did have one they didn't want to split it from the engine. I ended up buying a new one from the dealers which was about £30 which I didn't think was too bad as it included the heater. Also when I removed the old one (only needed another as mine had been cut back with a small breather filter fitted) what was remaining of mine was like elastic and it was starting to collapse so I would think most of them in scrap yards would be the same.

I needed one of these for mine, I tried loads of scrap yards and even if they did have one they didn't want to split it from the engine. I ended up buying a new one from the dealers which was about £30 which I didn't think was too bad as it included the heater. Also when I removed the old one (only needed another as mine had been cut back with a small breather filter fitted) what was remaining of mine was like elastic and it was starting to collapse so I would think most of them in scrap yards would be the same.

That's exactly what's happening to mine - it's collapsing. Interesting.... perhaps it's a known fault on this model? Looks like I'll have to opt for buying one of these from my local dealer then! Thanks for all the comments...