First Car...!

Funsize

Hiya everyone!

Recently passed my test coz I needed to get to a new job, but fallen in love with Lupo's! I bought a White Lupo 1.4S.

Thinking that I'm going to upgrade to a GTI after I sort out a year of no claims etc, but does anyone know whether wheels are interchangeable? I don't want to start messing my 1.4 and find out I'll have to sell the lot.

It's my first car, and willing to admit I have no clue under a bonnet! Any advice would be really appreciated! :)

Welcome! If you plan on moving wheels to a GTI, make sure they will clear the bigger discs and calipers fitted to the GTI.

15s are OK and I think 14s too, but it may depend on style.

Enjoy your Lupo

:)

Thanks for the welcome!

Anyone know what to do if your driver's side electric window doesn't work anymore (other than get out at car park ticket barriers!). It's packed up, but can I just take it to a garage, or will it cost me a mint?

I thought my tracking was off a couple weeks ago, cost me £50 to fix the problem....which was lack of air in the tyres. I feel dumb!

I dont know much about the electric winows on these, but first thing to check would be the switch, take the switch of the passenger side to see if that works, if that doesnt work then start looking for loose connections ect.

If you get no joy from that its probably goin to be a new motor/reg.

LOL at the tyre pressures, expensive lesson learnt i suppose.

And welcome. B)

Edited by lupoluke

Humm....weekend job to take a door apart? I'll give it a go!

Yeah. Accidentally clipped a curb and thought I'd mullered the wheels. So assumed it was that, but the guy said he'd have to charge me for checking the tracking, even though it wasn't off. GUTTED!

AND....it's going through a bottle of oil every month. It's not leaking out the back, can't hear any clunks and there isn't any smoke when I pull off. Little confused :S