Insurance

Hoffin1008

Hello everyone,

Just asking for a bit of help with insurance. I passed my driving test today and now looking for insurance on my arosa.

Im only 17 and have 6 points which means nobody wants to touch me.

does anyone know of any insurance that will cover me and give me a decent price.

Cheers

6 points and you've just passed your test today? Dare I ask how?

What engine is the Arosa? Have you had any quotes from anyone yet?

Congrats on passing by the way!

lmao i had a 50cc bike and had it de-restricted and didnt tell my insurance and got caught by the police :(

its only a little 1 litre :) erm yeah but non of them are great lowest was £3700 :/

hi mate, dont know if this will help, but if your parents have a few cars aswell see if they will switch over to a fleet insurance, you basically have a joint insurance so you can drive your parents car, but they insure anyone, when i was 17 i was insured on a civic type r for roughly £400 a year, (the car was my brothers:() i have a lupo gti now and 18 untill last week and it only £400 roughly, but it worth a try :) im with balgrove, search them on the internet, you never know :)

Bad times for you man! Quinn were the best for me when i passed. Could try the co-operative?

I think your just going to have to ring around everywhere and get the best you can. Doubt its going to be cheep, insurence for 17 year olds is bad enough as it is without 6 points!

p.s. i thougt that in the first two years of driving you could only get 6 points and then your licence is gone, how have you still got yours?

Bad times for you man! Quinn were the best for me when i passed. Could try the co-operative?

I think your just going to have to ring around everywhere and get the best you can. Doubt its going to be cheep, insurence for 17 year olds is bad enough as it is without 6 points!

p.s. i thougt that in the first two years of driving you could only get 6 points and then your licence is gone, how have you still got yours?

Cheers i'll try it.

yeah thats what im trying at the moment no really getting anywhere :/

yeah but i got the points before i got my licence so when i passed it counted as taking my test again. i cant get anymore points tho or i will be banned

Cheers i'll try it.

yeah thats what im trying at the moment no really getting anywhere :/

yeah but i got the points before i got my licence so when i passed it counted as taking my test again. i cant get anymore points tho or i will be banned

try e car, they were quite good with my brothers polo when he had 3 points, congrats on passing, you'll have to come show me your arosa now you've passed :P

I thought you had to do your test again if you have 6 points in your first year? Obviously not anyway - Try Tiger.co.uk for some reason the quotes i get there work out alot better than other comparison sites, Some people say ring them and they will sometimes discount the quote although noone budged for me. Mine was £1800 for a first car but its a 1.48v arosa mk1. Hope this helps

I thought you had to do your test again if you have 6 points in your first year? Obviously not anyway - Try Tiger.co.uk for some reason the quotes i get there work out alot better than other comparison sites, Some people say ring them and they will sometimes discount the quote although noone budged for me. Mine was £1800 for a first car but its a 1.48v arosa mk1. Hope this helps

Yeah you do but as i got them before i did my test when i took my test it classed as re taking it.

Yeah had a look on there but was the same as other places.

Insured now :) thanks for all the help people.

Ended up paying £2000 with a company called right choice which i didnt think was too bad :)

Another Arosa on the road :D

Hello everyone,

Just asking for a bit of help with insurance. I passed my driving test today and now looking for insurance on my arosa.

Im only 17 and have 6 points which means nobody wants to touch me.

does anyone know of any insurance that will cover me and give me a decent price.

Cheers

how can u have 6 points and ur only 17 if u get 6 points in ur first two years u loose ur d/l

IMO they are right to charge you a fortune for your insurance and or not want to insure you at all...

Proof that Karma exists I suppose...

I'm not saying its their fault but u pay alot for insurance for making one mistake when you was young i think the points systems is a bit over the top IMO