A Question for Either Awesome Al or Jon from Kam Racing

DanSN117

Wassup.

Is it possible to order spares for Hicon Coilovers direct from Weitec/KW?

The reason being, i've managed to thread the cup that the front spring sits in? The adjustable bit.

I was tightening it back up after lowering it a tad and it just spins, i can undo it and get it to come right out of the hole, but when i do it back it it gets quite far in and then just spins, it doesnt tighten.

Also, do we think its ok to run for limited mileage without the screw? Ive currently got a large cable tie under it at the moment, so that it wont shift:

18655_310370733574_514028574_3586624_3636840_n.jpg

Wassup.

Is it possible to order spares for Hicon Coilovers direct from Weitec/KW?

The reason being, i've managed to thread the cup that the front spring sits in? The adjustable bit.

I was tightening it back up after lowering it a tad and it just spins, i can undo it and get it to come right out of the hole, but when i do it back it it gets quite far in and then just spins, it doesnt tighten.

Also, do we think its ok to run for limited mileage without the screw? Ive currently got a large cable tie under it at the moment, so that it wont shift:

Evening Dan,

The chances are the adjuster platform will not Drop/Raise on it's own. You would be pretty lucky if it did, but it is best to get the damaged collar replaced sooner rather than later.

Adjuster collars are available separately for the Weitec Hicon GT's no issues. I shall give them a buzz for you on Monday (once they are back open after the weekend) and get a price!

The grub screw in the adjuster collar is not designed to be 'tightened up' as such. It is only meant to be just less than finger tight.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Al.

Only 1-2 Nm is said to be the amount of force on the grub screw, a sneeze would be to much.

Im sure it will be ok for a limited amount of time.

Could use a self taping screw to hold it for the time being if u can get the old 1 out.

just nip it up so that it holds it on the shaft

Edited by Johnp

What's the price on two rear coilover springs, only if you have them to hand Al?

The AP's are around £50 each, the Weitec and KW are around £55 each.

Ill give you a buzz at the end of the week dudela.

Nice one mate :)

The AP's are around £50 each, the Weitec and KW are around £55 each.

Thanks for that mate, may get back to you, want to get a quote on custom springs.

Able to advise of people to supply other than Faulkner?

Most sizes and spring rates off the shelf through Eibach so no need to get something custom made... let me know the exact details and I'll find out a price.. think they're about the £50 mark IIRC

Edited by Kam Racing