Spoiler brake light and dodgy doors

Well as the title suggest's, my high level brake light has failed, the garage that did my MOT today told me about it, turns out it was'nt an MOT failure, but has anyone else had their high level brake light fail? how much to replace?, or how can it be fixed?, we reckon water ingress was the problem, but had no way of getting in to fix the problem, so its been left, and it pisses me off to know somethings not working :angry:

Also my doors are a pain in the arse, very clicky and need a right good push or pull to shut them properly, according to the reciepts that came with the car, the doors had to be realigned within 10k miles, is this a common fault?, the drivers door seal at the top does'nt fit as flush as the passenger side either.

Cheers Jase

• Like 1

to sort the clicky noise out get some check straps like above, with regards to the door not closing properly mine do the same thing... they just need a good push.

if you close the drivers door while another door is open it closes fine without much of a push, its just the sudden build up of air pressure inside.... if you understand what i mean lol.

lots of GTI spoilers have issues, mine is bubbling at the moment but the light is still working. i know i will have to get it fixed some day cos its bugging me :angry:

Ah good stuff, when we get some nicer weather i may have to get the spoiler off and try fix the problem, does'nt look good though from the photo's. And yeah i get what you mean about the air pressure inside dude, drives me mad that the doors wont just shut!, anyway cheers for the replies

I had my 3rd brake light fixed last year and the mechanic left a nut in the bootlid. Gets annoying hearing it move about when you open the bootlid.

My passenger door also needs a good slam, otherwise it does not close properly. The nut on the door arm seems to come loose every now and then.

The joys of GTi ownership :lol: