Anyone Need HT Leads?

Good price on Magnecor ones at the moment on this site

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/34680/volkswagen/magnecor-kv85-ignition-leads/mgn-45545.html#top

read that they are hard worked on our cars! my boyfreind had these on his focus rs when he was running 400hp so they should be just fine on our cars and out last the standard ones at the same price as OEM ones from the stealers

Yes they are good,

Just to say that I don't think KV85's will fit in the HT lead holder that runs across the top of the engine.

They are the best leads you can buy, use them on all my own cars, and all the cars we do at work.

because of the bigger core? which ones do you have on yours? 7mm? thaught they were a good price mine have had it and all the ones i have seen for the gti have been £80+ :o

Edited by Clairey

Right.

KV85's(8.5mm) will not fit in the HT lead holder. The VW leads are 7mm OD.

I have a Magnacor trade catalouge, that price is bloody cheap.

The part number 45545 fits many Golf/Bora's, Polo's and Lupo's.

Right.

KV85's(8.5mm) will not fit in the HT lead holder. The VW leads are 7mm OD.

I have a Magnacor trade catalouge, that price is bloody cheap.

The part number 45545 fits many Golf/Bora's, Polo's and Lupo's.

no problem thanks for that info! yeh its the cheepest i have found! i got the 45545 part number from magnecor and searched it on google and thats what came up. the seat leon 1.4 1.6 share the same leads too! had a feeling they would be related to other cars! sneeky these manufacturers lol

Could someone explain why these are better than others?

Right, a few reasons.. This probably doesn't apply to OEM fitments such as the Lupo.

1. They pick-up the phone and answer any questions.

2. Lifetime gaurentee(Not official, but if a lead breaks,or the terminal falls off, they will change it)

3. Fast service, the MD even delivered a set of leads that were needed in an emergancy at 6am in the morning after a 100 mile drive.

4. The leads fit, and if they dont(eg.. Custom set) they will send you one that does FOC... and adjust their instructions for next time.

5. Reliable.

Maybe no beter than VW leads, but in the modified car world, these are the business.

What is the need in aftermarket leads? I dont understand them.

The oem ones are pretty good, infact there going to job on the turbo cars and my own. running 200bhp+

The GTi uses a 7mm leat iirc, surely a kv85 (8.5mm) wont work? plus can you get the 90 degree end fitting on them to go in to the plastic holder?

John

ive read a few times allready that the ignition system on the gti is heavily worked. im sure these leads will do a better job of helping that than the standard ones! also one of my leads have had it so i would rather spend £60 of my hard earned with a company with a much better back ground in the ignition side of things than waste it at the stealers and them be no good sooner rather than later!

we will see how they will perform. the pictures are also just for illustration purposes so probs not the actual ones as the 1.4 coil pack is in the same place as ours so can see them coming with a 90bend :)

i can see the standard ones are doing a good job on yours casper and as they say if they aint broken dont fix them but if they do fail and prove not to be upto the job in time im sure you would look into making that part of your build stronger?

time will tell will let you know how i get on.

The leads are very good anyhow, ok yeah they have the problem with them corroding bad breaking. Thats what im cunfused about. Its the coil pack that is noramlly the problem.

I didnt mean that end with the 90 degree bit. I meant the other end with the bit that goes deep in to the head, which is designed in that way to stop moisture getting in and corroding the plug especially around the thread on the already weak ally head.

John

ahh i see! they seem to be thicker to compensate that rather than the 3 barriers they usualy have the ones on my focus rs have the barriers these ones for the gti seem to have a thicker area for both the plug and at the top of the cam cover

magcr.jpg

leads.jpg

:)

you would think to! its magnecor part number so surely they just use the same part number. guessing who ever does the books for that company isnt too bright and they have let slip how much they rip us off without noticing lol

Magnecor leads are fantastic products, we used the on the F3 and other race cars, BUT they are more expensive than the genuine VW items and black or blue, for the purists.

The KV85 leads wont fit any of the lupo/arosa's so will always be a compromise. VW sell them out at £60 ish and if not in the dealers, are only two days order and will fit the plastics on the engine.

Although dont let me stop you spending money with my mates at Magnecor. :blush:

Magnecor leads are fantastic products, we used the on the F3 and other race cars, BUT they are more expensive than the genuine VW items and black or blue, for the purists.

The KV85 leads wont fit any of the lupo/arosa's so will always be a compromise. VW sell them out at £60 ish and if not in the dealers, are only two days order and will fit the plastics on the engine.

Although dont let me stop you spending money with my mates at Magnecor. :blush:

tell me what you mean on wont fit though! if your refering to the plastics then no but they will work fine on the engine :)

tell me what you mean on wont fit though! if your refering to the plastics then no but they will work fine on the engine :)

Everything should fit fine, just the leads wont clip in the plastic holder on top of the head.