How can i stiffen the back suspension up ???

Jay816

Ive just got some 14inch 8J borbet t`s for the lupo and put some 185 tyres on. They dont catch on the front but when you get one passanger in the back it catches on the arch i was woundering if i could get stiffer springs ??? or lower it by 40mm but hopefully that will give it that extra strength. Any ideas ???i will try and put some pics up.

maybe there the wrong offset wheels, i have standard suspension on mine and i put some 15 inch wheels runing on 195 50 15 tyres and ive had 2 people in the back of mine, keep us all informed matey to how u fix the problem,,,,,,,,,

I'm guessing they're et20?

I've seen them on a few Lupo's on coils on standard arches. With 195/45/14's, what profile are your tyres?

They're a pretty pokey wheel, so you probably will get a bit of scrubbing with people in the back, but I wouldn't have thought you would with standard suspension. Unless your tyres are huge.

Yeh they are Et 20 ive got 185/55/14 on there originaly on the standard rims it had 185/55/14 so if the new alloys didnt work out i could just put the tyres back on the originals. But because the wheels are so wide i wanted to keep the profile around 55/50 just so its not sretching to much but i think it may have ben better to put a lower profile on. Also the tyres are no were near the arches i just think that the rear suspension is **** !!! my Dad recons putting gas struts on it ????