Test Passed. Lets C This Lupo.....

Frankie

AH, my computer is all fresh and workin now.

I passed my driving test last monday !

and like i said i am now looking out for a Lupo.

i've spotted a 2001 sport for sale,

i was just wondering if anybody has any advice for me, like things i should look out for.

Cheers

Frankie

if its a second hand one look out for accident damage ( common sign of this is the thing that looks like a worm ( a welding worm ) from where it has been fixed look for these in the boot under the boot floor and under the bonnet

right, good bit of advice about the weld marks. i'l be watchin out for that. lol, yeah the lime green thing.......equally important. Gti guide, i can only dream but i spose there'l be things that are relevant. so is there one hidin sumwhere in the forum then?

oh and of course check the history is VW not joes backstreet garage & the log book is stamped to prove it, check the panel gaps (are they wider / narrower on one side than the other). also heard of some lupos getting rust bubbling under the paint on the roof rack runners so check there, i think also around the headlamps.

Being no mechanic if it were me buying I'd get an aa or rac inspection done (if they still do them), though saying that, I've only ever bought one used car which was a Fiat (so a list of what wasn't wrong would be easier), so I'm not the person too advise.

Goodluck and congrats on passing your test!