Coilies F**cked my tyres!

burningsextornado

I'm surprised you didn't notice the fact that the car pulled to one side and the steering wheel was probably off centre...

Also - You need a proper wheel alignment as half the placed will just do the tracking and call it wheel alignment...

Edited by nfbr

Where abouts are you based? a fast road set up transforms the handling imo. :coffee:

lancashire im based,lovely land called blackburn, a nice drive around tommorow trying to locate some tyres and then an alignment and tracking...money well spent imo

Little bit of a trek, but If it was me id take it to TDI North, they are very highly recommended in the Jap world, and I know they have a really good geometry machine.

Likely to be quite expensive £100+ but it does make a big difference and will save on tyre wear.

i got my tracking done for £20 at local tyre garage.... this is just the tracking not the camber of my wheels as if i want to adjust the camber i have to fit a camber kit which is adjustable. Not sure if lupos are the same??

Track:

The Track of a road vehicle is the distance at which both the front and rear wheels are disposed.

Wheelbase_and_Track.png

Wheel tracking:

Wheel tracking works on the front wheels only. This check and adjustment makes sure that both front wheels are pointing in the same direction. If one wheel is out by 1mm then this wheel will scrub along the road surface.

alignment-tracking.gif

Wheel Alignment:

The alignment of the front and back wheels.

WheelAlignment.jpg

Camber:

Camber is the angle in which the vehicle wheels sit withing the wheel arch and the road surface. This camber alters as suspention travel moves up and down. Lowering the car can adjust the camber and cause excessive tyre ware.

camber.gif

Each can be adjusted and effected by suspension setup changes. Some vehicles require additional modification to allow alteration of sections ie camber kits.

• Like 1