anyone runnin 17s??

jasper

I know that.. hence why i said 'really'

Im dropping, off yer highhorse :P

If someone says "a bonnet looks the same as a bootlid really" then your instant thoughts are that the person having said it doesn't know the difference between the two...

Fair enough its frustrating when a newb asks a question that's been asked a million times before, But for a start, The guy has asked a pretty un-common question and to finish it off, you're just a newb yourself...

GTI's on 17's look OK. A little on the large size but not excessive. A non-gti on 17's however will look a little daft as the wheels will be verging on Huge.

Also, im hardly a newb?

No mate :rolleyes: You joined two weeks before the guy asking about the 17's

That car on cardomain does look a bit rollerskate-ish, although i dont really like 17s on a gti. 16 is ideal for a gti and 15 on any other to get stance perfect :)

Yes, That's what I mean about the Major difference between GTI and Non-GTI when it comes to 17" Wheels.

This puts my point across quite well

db_Lupo_GTI_Turbo_Heck_Fahrerseite1.jpg

Someone could have joined yesterday and know more about Lupos more than you for all you know?

Ive got more posts than him too, and whats it for you to know what knowledge i have and dont have? I could work for volkswagen for all you know, i dont but still dont judge so stubbornly

I think 17's are possibly too large. Although nankangs 'lakcy band tires do add new options/

Cobblers do you have any photos of you trial fitting the Audi wheels ?

Good stuff/ I like it/

The only thing that bothers me is the gap between the bumpers and the floor/

A lot of effort but well worth doing.

EDIT: I find that MK2 Arosa's pull of the big wheels better than Lupo's and Mk1's because of the slightly different shape of the rear bumper.

Edited by Jowey

Depending on the style of wheel you're going for in a 17" it could work. cobbler's car is a good example of a non-gti pulling off 17's on audi TT competition wheels.

there was a silver GTI on porsche turbo twist 17's aswell which looked pretty cool, and mark2ikeda's nissan grey GTI on works VX wheels :)

haha nice one for all this.

i have my 17s on now. i think it looks alright. just need to drop it a bit more. have a look in my readers ride for pics. its runnin 205\40\17s.