electric window problem helllp!!!

Rudaz

hey guys ive just bought a lupo gti from a lad on her called joe. (its a silver 2001) cant wait to have a play around and start doing the whole 'lupo' thing after being so usedto audis. basically the cars a minter, but the drivers window doesnt work. he said he has put a new motor in it and it made no difference and checked fuse etc. the passenger window works from both switches in the car, just not the drivers. because this is the no aircon model i really do need my window! is there anything obvious or is it a common problem. thanks guys! please help me!

also i cant wait to start seeing a few of you at shows etc. my good mate has been on here for a while, think he goes by mattTDI, arosa with green g40 steels.

Damn I was about to pounce in and suggest the switch fix guide in my sig :( lol. If its not the switch and not the motor what else could it be?! Hope you manage to solve the problem!

cheers guys. didnt have time to look 2day. i was thinking mabe a loose wire in the loom. humm ill just have to invest in a desk fan converted to 12v and tape it to my dash :D

• 5 weeks later...

back on this one again! bought a new motor and fitted it, it works! yey! but its still not amazing, doesnt work every time and sometimes when going up it reverses on itself and goes back down (nothing is stopping it going up by the way) also it is slow when going up. what i have done so far with it..

new motor

new switch

checked the wiring going through the full door and up through the loom for any snaps. there were 1 or 2 that had split abit so i soldered them back together and taped it all back up

fuse = ok

but still the above happens so god knows!! its one of those things that will get at me for ages! any auto electricians or people in the know please give me an idea to what else could be going wrong! i have this weekend off work so might tinker if its something simple. also thanks tomnotrevo i might have a go with that with the spare switch.

i still am lead to believe that its the wires in the 'door card area even though ive checked them all. anybody know where i can get a replacement loom going from just behing the fuse box to all the components in the drivers door? dont really want to buy the full loom throughout the car!!