Misfire?

al76

Hi, I have a Seat Arosa Sport 1.4 16v (eng code AUB). It has developed a very slight misfire under load. It starts fine and idles fine. Just wondering if there are any common problems faults etc.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by al76

i had the same problem with mine. although i previously had the engine management light on with the egr being at fault this fixed itself. then i replaced the cambelt for peice of mind, and just had a new cat and new ht leads. so i replaced all spark plugs and it seems to be fine. the only thing left to break is my coil pack, gearbox and pedal box.

Car fixed. It was theHT leads in the end.

With reference to the pedal box I had to do mine when I bought the car. Ordered a new one and the wrong one turned up! I couldn't be bothered to wait for another one to turn up so I welded it. I put extra welds along the offending bracket, and so far(touches wood) it's been okay.

Ah you managed to escape them little devil sheer bolts then.

Yeh, got some sockets specially for removing rounded/damaged bolts etc. Work very well on locking wheel bolts when the key goes walk about.