Speakers!

6x9s won't even nearly fit on the parcel shelf (4" is as big as will go on the standard one, otherwise you can make a custom one) and you need 16.5 or 17cm ones for the front door.

You'd be better with a good set of speakers in the front directly off the headunit, and a small 10" sub off a 150/200w rms amp. Would work out cheaper and sound better :)

6x9s won't even nearly fit on the parcel shelf (4" is as big as will go on the standard one, otherwise you can make a custom one) and you need 16.5 or 17cm ones for the front door.

You'd be better with a good set of speakers in the front directly off the headunit, and a small 10" sub off a 150/200w rms amp. Would work out cheaper and sound better :)

hi thanks, do you mean if i make a mdf parcel shelf myself then the 6x9's will fit? and im not realy into subs. i just don't think they sound that amazing...

But if these 6x9s do fit on a homemade p/shelf then i might do a bit of both and get good door speakers from the head unit and the 6x9s if possible...Never done anything electrical though so might need some help...

Cheers

Nice one, i'll give it a bash my brother made one for a corsa and made it look pretty tidy so i might have words with him...yeh i think ill just stick to the 6x9s and better door speakers and then maybe an amp depending on how they go...

and then ill have to see how much its gonna cost for my alloys to be blasted and re-done in white..

You got any tips for that?

Nice one, i'll give it a bash my brother made one for a corsa and made it look pretty tidy so i might have words with him...yeh i think ill just stick to the 6x9s and better door speakers and then maybe an amp depending on how they go...

and then ill have to see how much its gonna cost for my alloys to be blasted and re-done in white..

You got any tips for that?

Yeah, they will fit on a custom shelf, but use 12 or 18mm MDF and ideally 2 plies to give it some shape and stop it sagging (The 6x9 cutouts will make it weak otherwise). I made this for mine:

shelf.jpg

And then carpeted it and it looks stock:

shelfdone.jpg

Don't know why I bothered though, because I have the thing setup so the rear speakers are so quiet you barely notice them. Waste of a £150 pair of speakers, lol!

If you don't like subs, that's fine - a good pair of 6x9s amped up to approx 100w RMS each will be pretty decent. If you do this, amp the front speakers up too or the sound will be dragged to the back and sound rubbish :)

For "normal" stuff I always recommend JBL 6x9s. Really powerful, nice lively sound and cheap at about £50 a pair. You have to spend over double this to get anything that competes IMHO. I have a set of Focal ones that were well over £150 and they aren't a patch on the JBLs for what most people want. Maybe slightly cleaner vocals, but that's no good when it's coming from behind you and bouncing off a rear window!

:blink:

When did the English language start using capital letters in the middle of words and since when has "Speakers" ended with a Z?

When did people start becoming so strict over one word? and having too much time to be bothered to change it?

right this is off clubpolo so i dont know if you need to be a member to see it but i doubt you'l need to be

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=92887

hope this helps

Ummm well the alloys are in good condition but i just want them spraying white...but i was thinking if im going to get them sprayed i might aswell get them blasted, powder coated and done properly...my brother knows someone who does it like perfect everytime and charges £50 a wheel..This expensive?

And the link was good but im not looking to do it myself..I haven't got this car yet! So i can't even think about trying to mess around with the alloys myself!

Another point...how easy is lowering? A mechanic i know said that Lupos can be put on their arse and look mint...with no problems or rubbing on 15"...This true at all?

Cheers again...

When did people start becoming so strict over one word? and having too much time to be bothered to change it?

I didn't change it actually, don't know who did.

It takes more effort to type something so it looks "crazy" than it does to just type properly. ;)

Since before you joined sonny jim!

:)

Indeedy. :D

Ummm well the alloys are in good condition but i just want them spraying white...but i was thinking if im going to get them sprayed i might aswell get them blasted, powder coated and done properly...my brother knows someone who does it like perfect everytime and charges £50 a wheel..This expensive?

And the link was good but im not looking to do it myself..I haven't got this car yet! So i can't even think about trying to mess around with the alloys myself!

Another point...how easy is lowering? A mechanic i know said that Lupos can be put on their arse and look mint...with no problems or rubbing on 15"...This true at all?

Cheers again...

ah ok. i'd say £50 is average.

but lowering is easy, you can save alot of money by doing it yourself, mind you have to have the correct equipment. if you know alot of car people you may be able to borrow them?? i dunno my mate has all the stuff so we just spent a day toyin about with my car. i have 15's on my car and its lowered a bit but plannin to go even lower...i still have plenty of room but better double check...should be ok though

ah ok. i'd say £50 is average.

but lowering is easy, you can save alot of money by doing it yourself, mind you have to have the correct equipment. if you know alot of car people you may be able to borrow them?? i dunno my mate has all the stuff so we just spent a day toyin about with my car. i have 15's on my car and its lowered a bit but plannin to go even lower...i still have plenty of room but better double check...should be ok though

Yeh i know a few people that i could probably borrow bits off... i could probably even borrow some off the mechanic i know, my brother has before....

So ill probably fork out 200 notes for the alloys to be done right then just try the lowering maself to try and save a bit of money....

JUST NEED THE CAR TO COME NOW!!

That will be me then.

PS are you the real will.i.am? If you are, could you please bring Fergie to VW Festival?

YEH IM THE REAL WILL.I.AM...ill bring Fergie, Taboo and my other friend that nobody has a clue what hes called...

to be fair a decent set of speakers up front and a sub will osund ten times better thana set of 6x9's in a parcel shelf....

also has the adavntage of no one being able to see them so no wee pikey thieving scum will put your window in and steal

em

and yes ive experinced this all 1st hand

Edited by jamiea7x

to be fair a decent set of speakers up front and a sub will osund ten times better thana set of 6x9's in a parcel shelf....

also has the adavntage of no one being able to see them so no wee pikey thieving scum will put your window in and steal

em

and yes ive experinced this all 1st hand

Ahhh yes but did you see him running back into his caravan afterwards?