Front lights/indicators?

`Shack

had a bit of an idea the other day. not sure if it will work, or if its possible.. but ill ask away anyways.

been looking at smoothing my front grille panel in, to get rid of the indicator holes, was wundering where other places to put them are?.. what sort of things been done before for this sort of idea? all bar fog holes, i like my fogs :D

stumbled along the idea of polo mk6 lights (the polo with a similar looking front end to the lupo)

and was just wundering if anyone knew if they will fit into a lupo? because they have the indicators built into the lights already.

i know it isnt going to be a straight swap job, but was just wundering if anyone had any ideas on how different the lights are?... or if its even possible to do?... or if its been done?

was just an idea i thought id put out there, see what people thought.. see if its a feasible option of moving the front indicators.

thanks, `Shack

Edited by `Shack

or fit lupo GTI lights.

never thought of that lol, cheers ill look into it.

think ive read before that their a pretty difficult fit into a non GTI, cant remember entirely why though

Why not just mod the standard Lupo light to have indicators in them?

how would you do that? you thinking some how just mount the bulbs so its coming through into the headlight casing?

what would the MOT and things say about this?

I thought of this, and was just gonna stick some small indicators in the standard headlights. Putting GTi headlights in would mean you lose full beam (I think?) because thats what the inner lights do on the gti (Again, I think?)

I thought of this, and was just gonna stick some small indicators in the standard headlights. Putting GTi headlights in would mean you lose full beam (I think?) because thats what the inner lights do on the gti (Again, I think?)

Its the side lights you would not have as the GTI has the sidelights where the indicators are on the standard Lupo

how would you do that? you thinking some how just mount the bulbs so its coming through into the headlight casing?

what would the MOT and things say about this?

There are many ways you could do it you just have to be inventive. The important thing is you can see them working when the headlights

are on. I don't think just a bulb would work, it would have to be shrouded somehow.

I have been planning on putting the indicators inside the headlight at some point. I think i am going to have to get a new set of headlights before

that happens though. I dont know when i will get round to it but i will eventually.

I first want to test out an angle eye type setup to see how bright i could get that, i think an indicator hallow would be quite cool. If that failed

i would section off the light at the bottom and make up a custom PCB board with LEDs. If the voltage to LEDs is regulated well they should have

a very long life before needing replacing. Another idea i have toyed with in my head is using motorbike indicator units. They could be mounted

upright inside the light.

I am currently in the process of converting my fogs to LED driving lights. That has been a plan for a long time but i am going to get it done. The

original plan was to make up some custom PCBs with super bright LEDs mounted on them.

I found some magnet LED lights in a shop that were much brighter than the standard ones i had seen before (that look the same). I decided to got 10 of them,

At the time i was not really thinking of the car project and more about lighting to go on a steadycam for low light photography/film. I took one

apart and i suddenly twigged they were exactly what i needed to convert the fogs.

I have all the parts i need. Hopefully this weekend i will get a chance to fit it all. I am going to be using the innards of a 12v lighter socket step down

power supply to get clean voltage for the LEDs. It can't bothered to make a driver when it cost so little for the power supply.

DSC_0908.jpg

Some of the test images i was taking using one of the lights to see if it was bright enough to

shoot with.

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0918.jpg

DSC_0923.jpg

DSC_0924.jpg

DSC_0929.jpg

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0934.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0946.jpg