corrado discs on a gti?

payna

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is not true, a car that has to powerful brakes (and a driver that can't handle them) can be a dangerous combination. twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

and besides, cost goes way up if you take it up further.

ok, this is where ive been looking. the lupo discs dont specify a gti, would any of these just be a straight swap over?;

http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl...&PartType=BRB01

these are the discs listed for the corrado;

http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl...&PartType=BRB01

I belive Darren says his knocks a little more on hard cornering due to this.

I think what Andi means is that when my EDL is activating (ie: 1 wheel spinning when cornering hard or pulling out to overtake) it acts more violently with my 280mm brakes.

The knocking is normal, its exactly the same as when you brake with ABS and you hear the system clonking on and off.

Electronic Differential Lock, detects when only one of the driven wheels is spinning (usually when pulling out of a junction fast) and applies the brakes to that wheel, in order to transfer the power to the wheel with the most traction.

Acts like a poor man's LSD.

Define "better" mate.

If you want to fit bigger wheels, grind down your calipers to allow you wheels to clear them then of course, bigger brakes will help elliminate brake fade.

But lets just point something out here.

A 256mm Astra GTE 16v conversion was carried out on every 2 litre Turbo Nova in the country, The Golf/Corrado 16v both use 256mm disks.

If you have no plans to heavily tune your car, Id say Black Dimond 256mm discs will be enough for the standard GTi engine.

My std 256mm set up was very good at stopping yes. However it did suffer fade with repeated use.

Also with 17 inch wheels you have more torque against the brakes (like undoing a nut with a longer spanner) so the std brakes seemed worse that with the std wheels.

Also it was cheaper for me to convert to 280mm than have std stuff fitted at stealers.

What do you guys think of these...

Zimmermann Crossdrilled Rotor: Front VW 10.1" `90-93` 4 cyl. Passat, Mk2 Jetta GLI 10/`88-92` , Scir `86-88` 16V, Mk3 with 4 cyl. (each) Part# Qty @ Sale Price: $49.99 --> Was 59.99

And is this the right ones I need?

http://www.ndimports.com/catalog/suspensio...rilled%20Rotors

I can get parts pretty cheap from GSF and I belive they can get hold of these pretty cheap.

Havn't got a canner to scan there info, this was the best site I found about them...

Just wondering if thats the right ones, and what peoples experiance of Zimmermann brakes were.

I belive in the Golf worth they're pretty populer.