Lupo / Arosa TDI front brake upgrade... whats a direct swap and fits under std. rims?

pietch

Looking for a front TDI brake upgrade without loosing std. 14" wheels... I reamember reading about VW Corrado G60 calipers / discs may work?

Can anyone confirm an nice inexpensive upgrade?

Thanks all!

:)

ps. Are TDI brakes the same as GTI and or 1.4 / 1.0 versions?

Thanks for the imput nfbr...

So is there an upgrade solution other then performance discs and pads?

Standard wheels didn't fit over the G60 carriers when I had mine. When I went back to the 7x14"s I had to go back to 256mm Discs.

Braded Hoses and better Brake Fluid may make a little difference.

You'd get better results using good quality fast road discs and pads than you would upgrading to 280mm anyway.

You could always get hold of some GTI Calipers and move upto 25mm Wide discs instead of the 20mm wide discs on the TDI.

You'd get better results using good quality fast road discs and pads than you would upgrading to 280mm anyway.

In some respects, yes but its not that straight forward. The ABS is less prone to kicking in unnecessarily with the bigger discs, for example.

In some respects, yes but its not that straight forward. The ABS is less prone to kicking in unnecessarily with the bigger discs, for example.

What is your source on this information? I'd like to read up a little more on it.

The ABS? Its just from personal experience but I know that Mike M has had similar experiences too.

The argument for the fast road discs and pads is the pad area is still the same whether or not its a 256mm or 280mm disc which is true. But for the same reasons that it would be easier to slow down a larger childrens roundabout spinning at the same speed as a smaller one when standing at its edge, the larger discs mean more control over the braking and the ABS kicks in less.

The ABS? Its just from personal experience but I know that Mike M has had similar experiences too.

The argument for the fast road discs and pads is the pad area is still the same whether or not its a 256mm or 280mm disc which is true. But for the same reasons that it would be easier to slow down a larger childrens roundabout spinning at the same speed as a smaller one when standing at its edge, the larger discs mean more control over the braking and the ABS kicks in less.

Yeah, Kinda makes sence with the abs as the fulcrum will be longer making the braking more progressive and less lightly to lock up.

Do the 5mm thicker GTi discs just bolt on or do I need the GTi calipers also?

Thanks nfbr

The calipers would be needed too as they are a wider caliper to suit the wider disc.