Lupo GTi VS Golf GTi mark1

jonnycv

Id have to say Id rather have the Loop after owning one of each.

Dont get me wrong, the mk1 is a great little car to drive... but a 20+ year old car or a present day equivilent with compfy seats, good ride, reliable engine..

The mk1 was great compared to what was arrived at the time, but it is an old car now.

Although, a Loop would need modding, where as a mk1 would be at its best as it left the factory...

I wonder how many years it'll be before future generations are discussing weather the latest mini rocket VW is better than the Loop?

QUOTE(tdwindustries)
ahhh but would you drive it 20,000 miles every year ?

yep and i have done for the last 3 years awesome cars the mk1 still puts a smile on my face to this day it aint bad for an old bone shaker laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Yeah i agree with Altern8!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I used my cab for commuting and only took it off the road cos i want to show it next year. Although it is nice to have a car that i can drive without worrying about getting to where i'm going, but it's all part of the fun!! I did about 14,000 miles in it last year and only broke down once!

I'm not dissing the lupo, i'm pleased i bought one, i'm just old school! :wink:

QUOTE(Altern8)
QUOTE(tdwindustries)
ahhh but would you drive it 20,000 miles every year ?

yep and i have done for the last 3 years awesome cars the mk1 still puts a smile on my face to this day it aint bad for an old bone shaker laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

yeah and i agree - i have also had a MKI GTI and loved every moment (almost) of owning it .... but racking up the mileage I do then I have to agree with tigz on my creature comforts etc... but also it wouldn't last long (a couple of years) and ... well I really want one just to drive on weekends and stuff....

as for modding - tigz, its each to their own and i reckon the lupo gti looks perfect as it is (except for a bit lower) but thats just me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i love the lupo but both my mk1 were fun the cab in the sun crusin to work roof down loads of bird love it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and then the hardtop awesome fun on roundabouts and lso much fun at the traffic light grand prix tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />