coilover help...

HAIRBear

Afternoon all.

Been pondering over taking the side skirts off the loop for a while now and finally took them off a few days ago and definatly much prefer it.

It was only lowered by 30mm so took the front down another 65mm so v.low at the front now but the backs were already fully down. Got quite a full on nose dive stance going on at the moment and just wondering how to go about bring the back down.

Cutting coils is something i want to avoid - my mates telling me to do it as he is running them cut.

Going to take the adjusters out but thats not going to give me much more than another 10mm ish right?

Can you mix and match coilovers? so took the rears off and bought a set of cheepies that will go further down and just used two? (would like to keep the weitecs!)

Any help would be much apreciated!

Sam.

Edited by HAIRBear

I had to take the adjusters out of the back of mine and it does make a notable difference from the monster truck height it used to be with them in. You do still see some arch gap but its not that bad really

cheers for the replys!

yeahh wont be cutting them! - sounds so dodgy! lol how dangerous is it?

I'll get the adjusters and base plates out and see if its where i want it - but i doubt it.

any ideas on the mix and match coilover sets?

Yea it is dodgy mate what can happen is when the car is jacked up the springs will not be secure and could turn enough for them not to seat right when you put it back on it's wheels. Plus an MOT tester would see they have been cut which is an instant fail. Personally I wouldn't mix and match them as different makes of coilovers are all different but I'l leave that one with you bud! :lol:

I am an MOT tester, we have to use a 4 poster ramp so you can drive the car on then when you have the ramp raised there is a hydraulic jack that runs down the ramp then we jack up the front and test everything such as suspension, brakes, steering, wheels and tyres bushes, and check for play in the wheels i.e...wheel bearing's, track rod ends, then we test the rear. MOT'S are so strict now it's unreal!

haha you should see mine at the moment! cant believe im saying it but...it need raising! lol well im going to try bodging away at the arches first :)

with a bit of steering on i cant run a credit card round the tyre :huh: loll

haha you should see mine at the moment! cant believe im saying it but...it need raising! lol well im going to try bodging away at the arches first :)

with a bit of steering on i cant run a credit card round the tyre :huh: loll

*cough* my tires *cough*

:lol: