Am I being ripped of

bazilbrush

Hi looking for a second opinion, My garage has advised me that my rear wishbone bushes have split & need replaced, Ok then give me a price £120 pound WTF did you say £120 :angry2:

The extra cost is for a four wheel alignment???? is this really necessary?. :confused:

£120 including parts?

Is that with genuine VW bushes?

It's not a quick job, would take you at least two hours.

I wouldn't expect the wheel alignment would need to be done though.

£120 including parts?

Is that with genuine VW bushes?

It's not a quick job, would take you at least two hours.

I wouldn't expect the wheel alignment would need to be done though.

Yes all genuine parts, but now thinking of going for powerflex?

What do I say to him about the wheel alignment :huh: he seems to think it needs done :(

Does the beam have to come off to fit the bushes? If so, surely a wheel alignment would be a good idea?

£120 for parts, labour and a 4 wheel alignment seems reasonable to me.

Does the beam have to come off to fit the bushes? If so, surely a wheel alignment would be a good idea?

£120 for parts, labour and a 4 wheel alignment seems reasonable to me.

What is adjustable on the rear?

I read it as rear wishbone bushes - IE the rear bushes of the front wishbones (there are no rear wishbones on a lupo)

£120 doesn't seem that much over the odds - I wouldn't say a 4 wheel alignment is really required, but its worth doing the tracking at least when replacing wishbone bushes.

I read it as rear wishbone bushes - IE the rear bushes of the front wishbones (there are no rear wishbones on a lupo)

£120 doesn't seem that much over the odds - I wouldn't say a 4 wheel alignment is really required, but its worth doing the tracking at least when replacing wishbone bushes.

ya rear, front wishbone bushes should have put that down.

Edited by bazilbrush

the lot all wish bones that wt they always done wi my cars

No definitely never mentioned the wish bones being changed??

What a dilemma, do I go to the garage and get the bushes changed and a 4 wheel alignment or get a m8 of a m8 to change the bushes cheap which will mean no alignment or tracking done (what is the right answer?????)

I don't think the tow and camber is adjustable on the back, but it can moved side to side, and so I'd imagine there'll be slight play 'pivoty', if that makes any sense.

Can always get the mate of a mate to change the bushes then take it to a garage for the four wheel alignment.