JoHs wee arosa

gucciwah

DSC01459-1.jpg

First car, got this last november. good wee drive but now its summer so i've started my wee project!!

DSC01511.jpg

P10-03-08_123502.jpg

a few pics out and about

couple of weeks ago decided that the interior needed a small revamp so i popped down do a few scrap yards up in paisley/renfrew and looked at some lupo interior. i seen grey with blue and some dodgey looking ones haha. wasn't really up to standards so went on ebay and found some black and blue ones. these are only temporary so i bought them. it beats grey with funky pattersn (Y) fitted them a few weeks ago. heres some pics!!!

P15-04-09_1947.jpg

P15-04-09_194703.jpg

P15-04-09_2028.jpg

doors cards are horrendous to put on btw!! spend a whole day cleaning out car and smashing on my door cards.

next day!!

had no idea how to remove front seats so my mate popped over and gave us a hand

as these were lupo interiors the rails on the bottom didnt fit the lock so had to just hammer it in and bolt it. but seeing as i only had 2 bolts and screws. passenger side seat was left to wobble for a day!

P16-04-09_204101.jpg

P16-04-09_2041.jpg

went a drive with just the driver seat. never seen my 1.0L arosa go that fast!

had to stop as it was half 10 at night and lack of light made everything difficult to see!!!!!!!

P18-04-09_160102.jpg

my new seats! just needin a bit of a clean.

couple of weeks later and i got a new head unit. bumped from the mothers old motor....as she got a new grand frontera :( i want it!!

P08-05-09_175601.jpg

allllssssssssooooo got some new wheels. some 15 inch 3 evo fox racing wheels with low profile tyres. so excited!!

P12-05-09_1349.jpg

P12-05-09_1347.jpg

7566222896a10807706800o2.jpg

thats all i've did so far!

gonna be really busy in the next month. going to loudin castle cruise on the 21st of june, can't wait!!

so by then hopefully im gonna have my both bumpers smoothed and colour coded

take off my side strips, smooth and spray

get my car lowered!!!!!!!!!!! so excited

fix my bonnet as it is lop sided as i crashed it into a saxo :(

vinyl wrap my roof and bonnet and hopefully have time to debadge my rear and find a grill as i dont have one atm haha.

Edited by gucciwah

Ah right, if you want it just give me a shout and i could meet you or something. Infact id sell it for£15.

Sound like good plans for it.

kool thanks, i'l need to pop into some scrap yards later. is your car lowered??

its nice and sunny ootsiddeee!!!

and one arm is darker than the other...bugger! but aye i went shopping for things for my car today :D

started off with halfords and got a couple a cans mixed up to sort out my rusty bits on my car. got some primer, laquer, sandpaper errr and the fastcar mag lol.

got home after my mates house and started on some serious sanding with some tools i acquired from the father

DSC00032.jpg

well started off chipping away 1 inch pieces of rust under my arches and started to sand it with everything i had....here are some pics. sanding on the edge of the roof, right in the middle the windscreen is pretty hard!!

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

then my mate came along and started to pull off my side bumper things. which i thought was held on by screws but it was glued on!!!! abit of money saved on paint and filler for those!!

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

just needs a good clean tomorrow and start filling up, priming and laquer my rust free car!!!! :)

another sunny day and another day of hard work...filling and sanding...filling and sanding........

filled in my rust bits and grooves on my bumpers!!

first layer -

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

and after sanding

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00037.jpg

and a second coat and sanding

DSC00043.jpg

and some priming just to check

DSC00042.jpg

just need to finish off the front and do another last coat gahhh

Its coming a long mate, but I would have just bought a normal Lupo rear bumper which is smooth already and wont have the risk of filler cracking as that does not look like flexible bumper filler to me.......could be wrong.

Good Luck with the project but :)

on small bump and all that filler will en dup popping out mate..

lupo bumper would have been far easier since you need to paint your own now anyway...

out of curiosotiy where was the scrappies you went to?i want to visit some for a bit of a rummage

aw man, i had no idea!

well if it all goes wrong then i'l just buy a new one.

there was an arosa up in the one in renfrew next to the river clyde

there was a couple of lupos in the one in paisley in mckean street

and there was a couple of lupos up somewhere in stepps, or somewhere near there. my mate took me to that one, it was bloody huge!! also had like 10 million vw polos and golfs scattered through out.

are you mad or wot as soon as you go over a speed bump that filler is going to drop out you dident even scotch it down or drill any holes it will be nice to see wot it comes out like as above sould of gone to specsavers eer i meen sould of gone to the scrapys for a lupo bumper

i've been drving about. pretty mad actually and filler is still hard in place so im sure it'l be fine guys.

just ordered some springs and dampers and that for a 60mm drop off PhilJ so should arrive next week. how excitin

and before anyone rants on on how i should have just gotten coilovers. i just wanted springs!! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not posted in here for quite a while but i have been keepin up with my progress!!

got new suspension off phill J the other week

DSC00093.jpg

only 60/40 springs....not that low but its low enough for me!!

brought it up to my mates and hacked on with puttin it on

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

thats the back!

and just yesterday put the front ones on

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01718.jpg

DSC01719.jpg

here are my old ones. obv not been touched since out the factory...rusted to f***.

took about 5 hours just doin the front ones as all the nuts and bolts where rusted...we had about 30 tools out haha....and a grinder!!!!!!

DSC01720.jpg

top bolt/nut just wouldnt move at all and tried that many times the thread just came round!!

anyway ended up grinding it in half, hamering both sides of the screw in to the middle and finally after 2 hours...it came off :D

DSC01722.jpg

result!

today sorted out the rest of my motor...some sanding and some filling etc. also went to halfords to buy some satin black to fill in my grey grill

DSC00172.jpg

filling in the reg plate

DSC01724.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

and result

DSC01726.jpg

bit of a quick post...but uploadin pictures does take a while!

at the end didnt really go for the soldering iron plastic effect...as you can tell but i've been drivin about with filler in for quite a while and its been fine.

before filling in the reg plate area...put in some deep scratches, as suggested on here, behind it and it stuck on well!

comments welcome :)

oh also debadged the back of my car :):) wuick like the plain and simple look

DSC01730-1.jpg

also does anyone know where i can find one of those grills thats mesh and is attached to the bottom bit aswell...also covers hole underneath...if you's get me??http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=54625&hl=

Edited by gucciwah

just gonna do it myself, i have the equipment to do it and a garage thatmy auntie has kindly cleared out for me lol. and the seats for the lupo was the one in paisley mckean street scrappy!!!

over time that filler will shrink eventually causing it to fall out, if u didnt want to platic weld it i would have atelats maybe screwd a couple number plates into the gap then filler to bring it out rather than throw a few tins of filler at it