Help with GTi Model Range

SiaRara

I'm sure this has been covered before, I did attempt a search but couldn't find anything :)

I'm looking at buying a GTi but I'm not sure of what features were available with the model. I know some had a/c, sunroof, leather interior etc but which ones specifically did? Were these introduced in the newer models or optional extras from VW?

I don't particularly want a sunroof, a/c would be nice and I'm not fussed about leather as it's something I could fit at a later date. I just wanted to know if I should be looking at just the later models or if the features mentioned are random and it's a case of any combination is a possibility?

P.S. Feel free to just link me to another thread if it has been covered before!

I'm sure this has been covered before, I did attempt a search but couldn't find anything :)

I'm looking at buying a GTi but I'm not sure of what features were available with the model. I know some had a/c, sunroof, leather interior etc but which ones specifically did? Were these introduced in the newer models or optional extras from VW?

I don't particularly want a sunroof, a/c would be nice and I'm not fussed about leather as it's something I could fit at a later date. I just wanted to know if I should be looking at just the later models or if the features mentioned are random and it's a case of any combination is a possibility?

P.S. Feel free to just link me to another thread if it has been covered before!

All random and any combination is possible, all were available as options from VW right from the start, can be all or nothing. Could find an 01 plate with leather, cd player, aircon and sunroof etc and an 05 plate with nothing.

Awesome thanks!

You can get a sunroof and a/c though? Seems odd to be able to have both...

What's the sunroof like on them? I'm embarrassed to ask but is it considered better to not have one? I ask because it's 'cool' not to have one on my current car :)

Awesome thanks!

You can get a sunroof and a/c though? Seems odd to be able to have both...

What's the sunroof like on them? I'm embarrassed to ask but is it considered better to not have one? I ask because it's 'cool' not to have one on my current car :)

Yep you can get sunroof and a/c together for some weird reason! But that is quite rare.

A/C, sunroof, side airbags, CD player, 3 seats at the back, leather heated seats were all optional extras. I'm pretty sure I've missed something!

Edit: Possibly the MFD1 Sat Nav as well. But I don't think anybody had this fitted!

Edited by jeyesh

My '54 plate has no options.

3 seat rear bench and side airbags were also options on the GTi I think.

Oh I didn't realise some only had two seats in the back, any idea if it makes a difference to your insurance only being able to seat 2 in the back?

Yep you can get sunroof and a/c together for some weird reason! But that is quite rare.

A/C, sunroof, side airbags, CD player, 3 seats at the back, leather heated seats were all optional extras. I'm pretty sure I've missed something!

Edit: Possibly the MFD1 Sat Nav as well. But I don't think anybody had this fitted!

Well at least I won't feel left out if I get no extras :) The satnav does look good but wasn't it ridiculously expensive? Is it possible just to install a screen in place of the headunit instead? Surely there's space?

The norm is 2 rear seats and 2 seat belts with storage bins at the side.

3 seat rear bench was an option, with loss of the storage bins and, I assume, a centre lap belt.

Yeah I think the sat nav option was over £1k.

I don't know if it was the colour screen MFD1 or just the monochrome screen version

The above 2 units are double din. You can install an aftermarket double din screen. So yes, there is space for a double din install