LUPO PRICE

martin50

HI to you all I am selling my other half's Lupo, we have owned the car for over 6 years. It's a 2002 1lt E in red,It's got full sevice history (just had the lubrication service) and has only done 43000 miles, the

cambelt waterpump front discs and pads and brake fluid were changed last year.

I restore old cars for a hobby so the car is in fantastic condition the only thing I can find is a few stone chips on the bonnet.

My question is how much do you think I should advertise it for I have been looking through the for sale adds and they seem to be fetching a lot of money second hand.

This is without doubt the best small car I have owned the only reason for the sale is because my wife now wants a polo.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Regards, Martin.

Looking at Parkers I think I would put it up for about £2500 and make a big thing of the low miles and condition etc. and expect to drop to £2000 minimum.

Not sure what the market is doing just now though

Autotrader brings up

02 36,400 £2150

52 44,000 £2490

02 41,000 £2550

So maybe you could go a bit higher.

Not sure if my search results will work for you, but here.

Lupo 1.0E upto 7 years with less than 60K

Id probably stick that up for £2300-£2350 and see how it goes, its not really worth much more than that.

For £4K you could no doubt get an 04/54 plate 1.0!

I was thinking of about £2500 so I might try and advertise it a bit higher then come down.

It's amazing how these small cars are holding their price, I think she wants to get the 1200cc Polo we tried the Fox but I felt it was one of the most uncomfortable cars I have ever driven but I suppose the price

reflects this, the Polo seemed to be about the size of the MK1 golf I had.

The 1.2 Polo is a good little car, quite a nice engine too, if you get the 65/70bhp its quite nippy. Early models had big problems with the timing chain slipping/snapping, but i think they have that sorted out now.

Yep, you can always come down on price, but you can never increase it :lol:

Pistonheads and autotrader are the best places to advertise.