Over servoing

Gib_

I like my brakes really sharp. I'm toying with the idea of changing the brake servo from eith a mk 3 or 4 Golf. Will it make the brakes sharper? much hastle?

Before anyone says anthing, my brakes are bled correctly! me and my dad spent at least an hour bleeding new fluid through!!

=]

What car have you got?

The garage where I used to work, the owner now drivers a newish Polo. When he asked me to move it he also said to watch out for the brakes. I was a little suspicious so when I came to stop I push the brakes slowly then it just stopped dead! I was only driving it 25m into the garage and never left 1st gear! It was like a switch. They were either on of they were off.

Is your like that?

On the flip side my mates GF's car (Ford Ka) needed a service. So when I drove it to the top of the street and press the brakes on that i'm sure it went faster! They were badly seized and the discs were pitted and looked like the pads hadn't touched the outsides for a long time. After fixing them she said that she couldn't tell any difference! Silly blonde! I might copper slip the discs up and see if she can tell then :lol:

Buy an easy bleed kit, it would have saved you a good 3/4 of an hour!

Got one at work, used it on the rear brakes. but done the front ones at home! :P

I would love it to be on or off. with very little movement in the pedal. Newish Renaults are like this new. feels great. can rest your foot on the pedal and it will brake, then press it just about 1cm down, and your locked the brakes!!

Its a Lupo 1.4s with the smaller brakes!! 239mm NOT changing up!! (only coz its too much work)

my brakes are bled correctly! me and my dad spent at least an hour bleeding new fluid through!!

So you did the whole 14 step bleed with VAG com then ? :)

Just get new hubs, & callipers.

And upgrade the fronts to G60s.

And a Gti rear beam.

:lol:

He only wants sharper brakes because he can't drive and needs to stop hitting old women with zimmer's! ;)