Headunit losing settings

I've put a new headunit in my car but everytime I turn the engine off it's losing it's settings :angry: It did the same thing in my 206 and I had to just swap two of the wires round, so I'm hoping it'll be the same this time. The question is, which colour wires will it be if this is the case? I read somewhere about the red and yellow wires...but there aren't any!

I hope someone can help me because it's starting to get a wee bit annoying..

I've put a new headunit in my car but everytime I turn the engine off it's losing it's settings :angry: It did the same thing in my 206 and I had to just swap two of the wires round, so I'm hoping it'll be the same this time. The question is, which colour wires will it be if this is the case? I read somewhere about the red and yellow wires...but there aren't any!

I hope someone can help me because it's starting to get a wee bit annoying..

yeah it'll be the same. you'll need to swap the red (live) and yellow (perm live).

yeah it'll be the same. you'll need to swap the red (live) and yellow (perm live).

hmm, it might just be me being really blonde, but I'm sure when I had a look there weren't any red or yellow wires, just on the adaptor bit from the old headunit but this one plugs straight in on to the existing connection

depening on the headunit before and after usually you would have a connector going from (iso) standard vw one to say a alpine connector. on this you would change it.

depening on the headunit before and after usually you would have a connector going from (iso) standard vw one to say a alpine connector. on this you would change it.

As above, Just need to swap over the red and yellow wires from the back of the unit to the vw connector, they usually have push fittings coz most of the time u need to swap them round.