Removing Key Marks

Went to put the car away last night and realised that someone had keyed it, from front to back, down the drivers side. Well, to say I wasn't a happy bunny would have been an understatement.

Was genuinely that annoyed, that I didn't even bother looking at it last night, I just parked the car up and went to bed.

Come to it this morning expecting the worse, and realised that with a bit of playing, most of it should machine out. They hadn't actually done it with a key, it must have been blunter than a key as it'd only taken away the top of the surface, just enough to leave a mark.

So, I got to work, and after 2 heavy passes with the Sonus SFX-1 pad and Menz IP 3.02, it was 99% corrected, and even totally removed in places.

Some before and afters.

Scratch-1.jpg

Scratch-6.jpg

Scratch-2.jpg

Scratch-7.jpg

Scratch-3.jpg

Scratch-8.jpg

Scratch-4.jpg

Scratch-5.jpg

Scratch-9.jpg

I'm happier than a kid with a chocolate bar at present, as I was thinking last night it was going to need paint.

I fall in love with the machine polisher more and more each time I use it. :thumb:

Those are very impressive results always amazes me what people can get out with a machine polisher, I must be doing it wrong, I struggle to loose the swirls marks!

Really like the colour by the way

Those are very impressive results always amazes me what people can get out with a machine polisher, I must be doing it wrong, I struggle to loose the swirls marks!

Really like the colour by the way

Cheers fella.

What machine/pads/polishes are you using?

Top job, wanna come do mine? :D

I'm not a professional fella, i'd rather not take on other peoples car as it'd be my luck for something to go wrong. :lol:

Thanks though. :)

I have tried a number of different polishes and glazes. Megs. mirror finish and a diamond pad most recently.

Not so much a problem on my car its Silver and hides the small marks better than most but Mum's Polo is black and is really annoying!

Give Menzerna Intensive Polish 3.02 a try, either on a compounding pad or polishing pad, and then refine it with Menzerna Final Finish on a Finishing pad.

That's all I use fella. As for sealing, i'm still venturing into that area, but i've recently picked up some Chemical Guys Blitz spray, and some Chemical Guy's Synthetic Quick Detailer.

So, the process I tend to follow, at the minute, is:-

Menzerna IP 3.02 on Compounding/Polishing pad.

Menzerna Final Finish on Finishing pad.

CG Blitz Sealant

CG Quick Detail Spray

That seems to be a good combination, obviously just my opinion, for darker cars such as metallic blue, red, black etc.

Wax is the next step to tackle.

It's an expensive deep hole. :lol: