is it time to say bye bye

jpgti

I think you are a traitor...

DON'T DO IT!!!! evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

Having had 2 clio's (admittedly only older 1.4's) I would have to say that I never wish to own another renault again... you think VW dealerships are bad... you wait til you try a renault dealer!!!

True, renault dealers I've been to have been plain rude, & useless!

Renault Dundee: "you're looking for a Clio Cup sir... you do realise these cars are expensive..?"

Renault Aberdeen: "Its a clio cup, a year old with 11k miles, you will never find one cheaper than £12,850! You're obviously wasting our time" - as they had hidden the car price until AFTER I test drove it.

****ers.

206 GTI 180 is meant to be cack though. Not heard one good review (I was really keen on it)beforehand). Sad, it shoulda been ace!

All I can say is don't even think about buying a Renault unless you want to be stuck with a heap of corroding junk. I had touble from the start with mine and I know of several other people who have experienced the same. To name but a few, the cracked up spark plugs after two months of purchasing it, the panic you encounter when you drive onto a roundabout only to realise that your engine has just died and there's an articulated lorry fast approaching your back end. Oh, and not forgetting the appauling customer service. Take the car in to be fixed, not forgetting you've got three years warranty and fee AA cover (I wonder why), and they won't even move your car from the place you parked it in. They'll tell you they've reset your ignition computer. Give it two days, you'll be back in. Anyway, why the hell are you getting rid of an amazing car only to buy second rate crap. Don't, just don't. I promise you'll regret it!

Hi mate, I was dead against any kind of French car, but as soon as I test drove my Clio Cup I knew I wanted one. They are much better built than Pug or ****roen imo, and far exceded my expectations in the build quality department. I love my Cup, but I've got to sell it for other reasons. Don' t be too put off by stories of crap build quality etc, they are not as bad as people say.

If you do sell your GTi let me know, I may be interested.

Hmm, the Clio Cup I test drove was creaky as hell, door seals all whistling etc.

I had a '90 205 at the time & the clio was even worse build quality than that!

But... me mums got a 2001 Clio 1.2 Sport & its great!

Guess u get gooduns & rottenuns.

Clio Cup was awesome fun tho! twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

I had a 2001 Clio 1.2 before gettin the Lupo and have to say that I havent had any sort of major problem with it. At the time for the money you couldnt fault the spec. The G/F has it now and she loves it.

Reason for getting rid...... TOO SLOW (but faster than most 1.2 16v's out their)