Centre rear brake light

DJ TROOPA

The plug connection on the back of the light itself will have corroded, causing the pins to break off. I had this happen to mine, i just bought a new brake light tho. I think there is a how to somewhere on here tho on how to repair it.

Life is never that easy is it lol. :(.

It only takes about half hour to put a new light in tho and it only costs bout 25quid from a dealers. Gotta be easier than try to repair the old one.

Edited by GT_Aiiii

give them your registration number

the high level brake light costs £16 from a VW dealer

they are so easy to fit yourself

get a screwdriver and pop one of the sides out - probs left is easier

thanks people :) will give it a go when i get one. not really bothering me at the mo, as long as my other brake lights are working okay!

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

can someone confirm if this brake light comes with the rubber seal too?? i'll get one when i get a chance if so...for those that know what the cost etc is for the lupos without the spoiler...cheers.

Edited by Dubbprince

can someone confirm if this brake light comes with the rubber seal too??

Mine come with some kind of seal but it wasn't rubber. More like foam.

And don't try to get of the light with screwdriver. You have to unscrew spoiler from the inside of the car like in linked tutorial.

But there is one problem. Center light that older GTI's had (like mine 2001) is a bit different then what dealers have now. You most likely will have to do some manual fitting to make new one fit nicely. That is a nasty job cause the light is made from cheap plastic that can crack easily.