gti covers...recommendation

hi all..... just brought some recaro gti seats which are dark black in colour is their any lupo/arosa which was fitted with this colour or will i have to get the back seats recovered at some cost as i have mk4 rears but the fabric looks a little bit short as the lupos are full rear seats....... :huh:

Edited by henlupo

hi all..... just brought some recaro gti seats which are dark black in colour is their any lupo/arosa which was fitted with this colour or will i have to get the back seat recovered at some cost as i have mk4 rears but the material looks a little bit short as the lupos are full rear seats....... :huh:

Hi. I hd a prob with my drivers seat cover and was quoted an horrendous amount by a dealer to recover. In the end my local garage recommended an automotive upholsterer who was local and did it in a couple of hours for a third of the price. Might be worth trying the same route yourself, especially now you've invested in the Recaros. Good luck.

Just been trimming my rear Golf Recaro seats to fit my rear lupo seats so they match my front ones and have one more base to finish.

Looks really good at the moment, after a weekend on and off the sewing machine :lol:

Will post pics when I finish it this week!

well done that man gave it ago myself but bottled out repaired the gti seats which i had taken apart to gain pattern.

can't wait to see yours mike still can't get in touch with p/trimmers in hampshire....

Edited by henlupo

Just been trimming my rear Golf Recaro seats to fit my rear lupo seats so they match my front ones and have one more base to finish.

Looks really good at the moment, after a weekend on and off the sewing machine :lol:

Will post pics when I finish it this week!

Pics! Ive got a pair of leather buckets for my mk1 and i was thinking about recovering the original rear bench the same. Did you just make paper templates of original covers then copy them? Im going for a 100% homebrew project, want to do everything myself!

• 3 weeks later...
looking for or similar material to the mk4 recaro black cloth, but most lupo have grey rear seats. did vw make black rear lupo seats or did the arosa. !!!!!!! :)

Hi

My Arosa seats are black (or very dark grey) but the upholsterer matched the colour from stock material (which was thicker and of far better quality so should wear longer - which was important for a drivers seat). You might find an Arosa cover OK. Good Luck.