brake discs for arosa's ( one litre )

one litre wonder ;)

right i was lookin about for some uprated discs and i have found 3G discs that are £88 for ten grove or another 25quid for the 20 grove , i was thinkin of the 20 grove but r 3G discs any good ?? also where can i get 3G uprated pads to go with them ??

maybe you should consider upgrading from the 239's you have now to the 16v/gti 256mm set up

that will give you much more power than changing the pads and discs.

if you rather stay with your 239's then zimmerman are meant to be good

i am using some omp drilled and grooved discs which are really good

whatever you get though stay away from EBC discs, they are really really really crap.

The thing is mate.

If you take a look here

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...?t=5157&start=0

you'll see you can have bigger brakes for very little cash.

So far Ive spent... erm.. £20 on some Golf GTi 16v calipers, the rest ive got for free. And trust me, the diffrence between 239 and 256mm is huge.

No point spending money on such small disks.

just i am not looking for the ability to stop dead i am just lookin for summit to look nice between the wheels , something with groves ( preferably ) , is going to stay shiney , and offers a bit better performance and i am only 18 and know ma way around electrics and how mechanics work not how to change them so just uprated pads and discs seemed easiest , so what one should i go for then if u lot think that 3G are a load of guff????? going to do it within a few weeks when i get paid

If you can change the discs and pads you can fit bigger brakes.

Once you've found some Loop GTi/Golf GTi 16v/Corrado carriers, its just a case of waping them over, then fitting the larger discs and calipers.

they wont "stop you dead" but will stop you harder and get rid of the brake fad that you get with the puney 239mm discs you have now.

No 239mm discs - groved or not - will out brake a 256 disc.

The 3G stuff is ***** mate, I could see them being no better than the stardard disc.

just how do i bleed the brakes from the old one or do u recon if i get the parts and find a garage to do it for me will be the easiest way forward and what car do i find for a the parts ????

No worries - didn't mean to imply you didn't know what you were talking about, just wanted to make sure the guy knew the effects of what he was doing - a surprising number of people think bigger brakes = shorter stopping distance.

Guys could any one provide part numbers (VW/SEAT) for the upgrade to 256mm discs. I would like to do this mod to my 1L Arosa but would not feel happy using used parts in such an important area.