Canon 50D replaced my 40D

Putney

I have not really noticed an increase in picture quality however the extra 5mb sensor allows lots of cropping without losing much picture detail.... these were all shot with the 70-200 2.8 L IS lens.. i cropped the bird pictures as i didn't have my extender with me that day... And of course a picture of little enzo at full throttle!

I was going to get the 5D mark 2 however canon put there prices up this coupled with the weak pound its a no go at the moment.. Also not sure if I can justify spending almost £3k on a camera when it's just a hobby atm.... The build is identical to the 40D which is excellent. The screen is pin sharp.. This was the only thing that let the 40D down imo. The menu system has changed very slightly and there are a couple of extra features which i wont actually use... Other than that i can recommend both camera's. Once you have held a magnesium body camera a little plastic 450d / 400d seems ****ly made!

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0921_2.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

Edited by Putney

not sure why but the swan and duck with the red bill look **** after uploading.. they are pin sharp on my computer

emptied the cache! all sorted now!

Photo's look really good, the detail on them is amazing. Have to use your camera and skills for another car shoot sometime.

I am well up for a car shoot.... If people come down to richmond park there is a great bend on a hill to get shots from.. Same place as i did my mates S2000...

mate i have just been booked for some work the 4th can't do the ARB now... How hard is it to do? How long do you think it would take a garage to do? I could just ask chiswick honda today as the car is going in for the bumper patch up... Also the mrs dropped her side of the hardtop on the back of the car.. little scratch and a dent now! :(

I am well up for a car shoot.... If people come down to richmond park there is a great bend on a hill to get shots from.. Same place as i did my mates S2000...

mate i have just been booked for some work the 4th can't do the ARB now... How hard is it to do? How long do you think it would take a garage to do? I could just ask chiswick honda today as the car is going in for the bumper patch up... Also the mrs dropped her side of the hardtop on the back of the car.. little scratch and a dent now! :(

The arb's is pretty straight forward bolt out, bolt new one in. It just depends on how seized the drop links are, I would budget for 2 hours if they are trying to re-use the original drop-links. This is what my rear took me, but my car is older and no doubt the drop-links would have had more time to seize. Good thing about the garage is if the links do break whilst trying to get them off they should have replacements there.

Might as-well ask the garage and see what they say, just try to agree a price upfront.

As for the meet im back for a few weeks from the 3rd, so we can try and sort something out then. :)

cool... The braces bolt on very easily too so will ask about getting them done at the same time... So two hours tops? I am going to get the garage to check under the car for seized bolts and bushes too....

i trashed my own thread! LOL

I should have said i am only replacing the front ARB at the moment.. I heard stiffer ARB at the back adds more over steer! Dropped car off this morning to get all bits fitted and dent taken out! got an Alfa Romeo spider as a loan car! Its a diesel and its ****! the worst gear change i have found loads of turbo lag... luckily the roof comes off so its not all bad.. i was hoping for a Z4 though! :(

I know you just have a font, I meant mine was a rear and a front one would take longer. Good news on getting it fitted, they give you any idea how long it would take?

As for the courtesy car id not complain with an Alfa, its certainly no Jazz.

The Alfa is fro Admiral Insurance not the Honda garage. They try to replace your car with a 'like for like'.. Crusoe got my hopes up and said it would probably be a Z4 or a SLK! :(

I was going to get the 5D mark 2 however canon put there prices up this coupled with the weak pound its a no go at the moment.. Also not sure if I can justify spending almost £3k on a camera when it's just a hobby atm....

I think the 5D MKII is well worth it. Jessops are selling it at the moment with a 24-105mm Lens for £2599.00

Its worth it just for the HD video function alone. I am amazed by just how much better it is in low light than the

RED ONE its stunning and opens up a whole new world of low light cinematography.

http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?ac...;articleID=2326

I am saving up for a D700 at the moment but have been so impressed with the HD video on the 5d MKII that i may get that instead. I like look of images out of nikons more as they have a less processed appearance but i don't think you can be disappointed with any camera at that level.

yes but not with the same quality as the video. you can buy an attachable microphone though. I had a play with one and saved the files to a memory card of mine at the focus on imagine show, the 5DmkII was very impressive, video was great although it is manual focus only.

Nice pictures as always putney.

Matt.

I thought it would be manual focus....

I will have a play around with one and see what i think..... I like the idea of changing lens to shoot video... Not really had a play around with a good HD video.. that would do the job better and the sensor must get really hot on the 5D when shooting video?