Tyre size??

Andynewton1984

I've decided to treat myself to a Lupo GTI next month after admiring them for ages. Im buying some 7" x 15" rims (see link below) for it but not sure what tyres to order with them. Looked into it a bit and seen 195/45/15s and 185/45/15s mentioned but im at a loss.... any ideas???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-BBS-Style-alloys-...A1%7C240%3A1318

205/45's are standard, but can be expensive/hard to get hold of.

195 is best, only go smaller if you need to for arch clearance or because you're running thinner wheels and don't want ballooning. Stretch for stretch sake is silly, IMO.

I've decided to treat myself to a Lupo GTI next month after admiring them for ages. Im buying some 7" x 15" rims (see link below) for it but not sure what tyres to order with them. Looked into it a bit and seen 195/45/15s and 185/45/15s mentioned but im at a loss.... any ideas???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-BBS-Style-alloys-...A1%7C240%3A1318

I'd go for the 185/45/15s, Nankang do them (Available from mytyres.co.uk). 7s aren't mega wide so no real point going for stretch (you'd need 165s for that), but 185s will look nice and tight on the 7s, and the NS/2s are generally decent value tyres.

205/45's are standard, but can be expensive/hard to get hold of.

195 is best, only go smaller if you need to for arch clearance or because you're running thinner wheels and don't want ballooning. Stretch for stretch sake is silly, IMO.

Thanks a lot. I wanna lower it and was thinkin of just gettin 40mm springs but doubt 15's will fill the arches. Not sure whether to fork out for coil-overs or bigger rims.