Bye bye to my GTI...?

GTI_LU_PO

Hi all,

Going to be selling my GTI in coming months and wanted to pick your brains about how much I should be asking for?

Basics (off the top of my head)

2001 (Y) Silver GTI

Serviced every 8,000 miles (although no service history from 40k onwards as have done this myself and through family using VW schedule with oils/parts)

Cambelt etc... done most recently at 92k

Good condition of everything throughout and always well cared for - normal signs for age/milage

Personal plate bought with the car (L***UPO)

2/3 previous owners.

I LOVE the little car and its now just time for a change, owned the car for approaching 4 years and it has never missed a beat. I bought it with about 40k on the clock and 90% of the 60k I have put on it since has been crusing up and down the A12 on a 60-90mile round trip. It is rarely taken above 3.5k RPM as I just cruise to give me the best MPG return to and from work.

The only notable bad point it that 2years or so ago some jealous fool keyed the o/s door about 8-10ins and then onto the o/s rear quarter about the same, this is about a fingernail deep and through only the laquer and and shallow layer of paint I believe - I didnt want to lose my no claims so just left and lived with it.

Not sure exactly when up for sale just yet, will be in the next month or so I expect? - photos to follow when up for sale.

Your thoughts are appreciated!!

Cheers!

Low 4k coz of mileage and reg.

Is this what you were after?

*FROM WHATCAR? VALUATIONS*

Volkswagen Lupo Hatchback (99-05) GTI 16v 3dr 2001 (Y )100,000 miles

Dealer £2,760

Private £2,535

Part exchange £2,365

Trade £2,145

Cost new £12,820

Ouch, looks worse than what I said

I think you could get around £4600 due to the plate and few other bits

but to ask that price you'll need the scatch sorted out buddy ;)

Don't price it on any suggests from what car etc - Lupo GTI always goes for more!

Car now sold!

Enjoy it Billy, it was a great little motor for me - keep it updated on here so I can see how you get on.

I'm missing it already!!!

............Thanks Clublupo, after 4 years of ownership im going to truely miss my little GTI. What a great car and what a great forum, I found the forum before I even owned mine and it has always been helpful to find out bits with friendly owners and members.

Lets hope the next car and its 'scene' is as good as this one!!!

Cheers, Tom.

Edited by GTI_LU_PO