Starting Problems

Hey, a while ago i posted about my Sport having starting prolbems. I as advised to change the Coolant Temperatur Sensor, so i have, after changing it i topped up the coolant and went on my way!

All was going well, untill afew weeks on, only recently it has started to not fire up as fast as it did, it again judders, tickes over but doesnt start!

Whats going on!!!!?????????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Any help would be great!

Thanks

James

Starter motor or poor battery if its not a good turn over.........otherwise look into the ignition area like the coil pack, leads and plugs.

Process of elimination really

Its got a good turn over, just sounds and feels like its not sparking, and pritty sure the plugs were changed the day i bought it (which was only just November 5th 08, just gone!!!)

Will get em looked at any way.

Cheers for the help :D

James

i know some people have had problems with the keys needing to be reprogrammed before. but probably the coil, mines just reaching an age where all that kind of stuff needs replacing and its mounting up! but the car still makes me smile as much as 1st day i got it so it seems to be worth the cost.

If it were a coil pack problem, wouldn't you be seeing symptoms through the driving range when it skips a current every now and then?

Sounds more like a MAF/MAP Sensor problem to me

The misfires I was getting were very random. Some days nothing and then a hickup before being normal again.

The coil pack break down as do the leads.

Here is my coilpack and two of the four nipples that the leads attach to were corroded and broke off. This corrosion was creating a poor electrical circuit

coil3.JPG