Newbie, Interested in fixing his Lupo

Churchie-The-Dinosaur

Hey all,

I have a Lupo 1.4 E year 2000, that blue colour, it has some scrapes from the previous owner, and now both the locking barrels have broke ( so if i lock it i get in and out of the boot) and i tried fixing the passanger side, and it appears that the door handles (inside and out) have somehow been disconnected from the door clamp ( my fault again i imagine)

I was also looking to fit an air induction kit, i took the filter off, and realised its connected to a radiator pipe, this confused me as i thought cold air was ment to be taken in to the engine because it is more dense? and ontop of that, the radiator pipe had deposited some yellowie gunk right next to the thing which opens when you rev it.

Sorry for spelling, punctuation and generally not knowing what things are called.

Church

Hello

You dont sound like your having much luck! The door lock problem is a common thing, most people describe it just spinning when you put the key in. If you use the search button up there ^ you will find quite a few threads on it. If not, have a look in the "How To & Information" section to see if there is a how to fix it gude.

As for the yellowie goo stuff, counds like your butterfly valve needs a clean. Take some carb cleaner and it should help.

Anything else and your best off asking somone clever :)

i dont think that is a rad pipe. its connected to the sump. the yellow goo crap is prob rotten oil or something. an induction kit can help with that problem as u can run an oil catch tank away from the throttle body. as clairey said give the throttle body a good clean. if the throttle body isnt clean the car can stall at roundabouts and stuff which can be quite unnerving on occasion.

oh and welcome

glen

ahh thankyou :)

Ah yes i also forgot.

i got given a tape head unit, which connected to a 6cd multichanger.

i bought the cd keys, took out the radio, my friend had a cable which looked asif it connected the new radio to the vw cable, so we fitted it up, it worked fine.

Then we put it in, and it didnt work

So took it all out put the standard vw radio and cd player in, that didnt work

Took it to halfords, they said i had blown the ignition fuse for the radio, which would cost around £80 to replace, and we used the wrong cable to connect the radio up.

But he did say that on the cable we were using if we attached this cable to that cable itd work, and it did, but i think now the cd multichanger has blown as it does not select cd's just goes up and down searching

so i have a tape player, as the cable port on the tape player isnt their.

i was wondering if anyone knew how to replace the radio ignition cable or whatever the halfords man means? and if so if they could post a guide, would be highly helpful

also does anyones internal lights (not the door light, all the rest) have intermittant issues? the air flow lights dont come on at all, and sometimes the gauge lights flicker on and off then sometimes stay off for a while.

also does anyones internal lights (not the door light, all the rest) have intermittant issues? the air flow lights dont come on at all, and sometimes the gauge lights flicker on and off then sometimes stay off for a while.

Teehee, mine does this, its just a loose connection. I *think* if you pull the left heater dial off the bulb is right behind it. I just wallop my centre console when mine does it and the lights come straight back on :D

edit: PULL THE MIDDLE ONE!!! THE MIDDLE!! :lol:

Edited by Clairey Fairy