Ultimate Dubs Convoy

Guest Lauryn

Been talking to a few people who are going down, was thinking of maybe having a convoy?

I'll be leaving fairly early on the Saturday morning from Glasgow area, with Stevie Wonder (passenger in my car), and going down, dont know if people want to meet up and travel together?

I know Treblet is keen, not sure what Kenzies doing?

Just a thought!

Been talking to a few people who are going down, was thinking of maybe having a convoy?

I'll be leaving fairly early on the Saturday morning from Glasgow area, with Stevie Wonder (passenger in my car), and going down, dont know if people want to meet up and travel together?

I know Treblet is keen, not sure what Kenzies doing?

Just a thought!

Yea sounds like a plan. We should try to get something arranged at the mega meet in feb. Where has everyone booked to stay cause iv got nothing arranged yet???

Don't quote me on this but probably down the M6

It doesn't make much sense for us to leave from Glasgow and trek over to the M1 only to cut back across onto the M6 at some point.

It would be something like a 4 hour detour!!

Where abouts is it? And when?

I would love to go!

And i would meet in glasgow.

Theres a thread in the main events bit, I'm too lazy to go link you though! haha

Yeah we could arrange a meet from Glasgow, just to warn everyone, I will be sticking bang on the speed limit on the way down, so if you're not a fan of that plan I suggest you dont convoy with me! haha! :lol:

I'm gonna buy some walkie talkies for this otherwise the stragglers at the back will, more than likely, get lost... Lauryn at the back and everyone else 10 miles ahead :lol:

P.S. Foxdub, click here for a link to the full thread on Ultimate Dubs, you'll find everything you need to know there!

Edited by treblet

Cheers, thats a good help, yeah i love bombing it but with a long trip i'm known to keep it at spead limits. Unless i'm on ma motorbike, then its a different story, you can't go slow on one of those lol. Yeah so i'll stay at the back and al know where i'm going!

I've got the directions in my head already... I drive up and down the M6 waaaay too much for someone who lives in Aberdeen! I know pretty much exactly where I'm going so you lot can all follow me if your lost, do try to keep up though :lol:

I've got the directions in my head already... I drive up and down the M6 waaaay too much for someone who lives in Aberdeen! I know pretty much exactly where I'm going so you lot can all follow me if your lost, do try to keep up though :lol:

Haha i will do, where would we all meet? Glasgow?

I was speaking to Lauryn about this the other night, probably one of the services on the M74 would be the easiest for everyone, then anyone coming down from the North with me won't have to trek through Glasgow and all the Glasgow lot will be able to easily meet up in one place too.

Just a thought though, if anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears!

M74 services (just outside Hamilton/Bothwell) is a plan and a half for me. Only 20 mins from my house (2 mins from my work!) so more than easy to get to. I'm gonna steal my little bros walky talkies, haha how fun! Are we heading down really early on the Saturday morning then? I need to if I'm putting the car inside. Think it should be fine for you to share a hotel room too Jamie btw, getting it booked this week I believe...

Lauryn

M74 services (just outside Hamilton/Bothwell) is a plan and a half for me. Only 20 mins from my house (2 mins from my work!) so more than easy to get to. I'm gonna steal my little bros walky talkies, haha how fun! Are we heading down really early on the Saturday morning then? I need to if I'm putting the car inside. Think it should be fine for you to share a hotel room too Jamie btw, getting it booked this week I believe...

Lauryn

i think jamie has twisted my arm slightly on this sio count me on the convoy. no doubt he will meet me in dundeeish and we will arrive together at the services. I will be sleeping in the car for sure, its what it was designed for...

Sean, I didn't really have to do much twisting to be fair!! :lol:

Unless plans change you can pick up a covoy with me on the way through to Glasgow until we meet the rest of the guys and girls.

Edited by treblet

Sean, I didn't really have to do much twisting to be fair!! :lol:

Unless plans change you can pick up a covoy with me on the way through to Glasgow until we meet the rest of the guys and girls.

its a done deal jamie, now i have to think about the other little plan;) and then il leave the other half to you... should be ordering a few things today that we have mentioned..

Edited by seangreen04

• 2 weeks later...

For all those who are planning to drive down from the Glasgow area I have some information for you.

The convoy will be leaving Glasgow at 10am on the Saturday morning from the services at Hamilton on the M74, if everyone could be there for about 9.45am we'll sort out walkie talkies ect and then get on the road for 10am.

Anyone who is coming from the North... like me, drop me a PM with where you are and I'll try to meet up with you on the way down.

Edited by treblet

I meant to mention I do also have an empty car for the trip too if anyone wants a lift down, I'm afraid you'll have to sort out your own sleeping arrangements. In my car will NOT be an option for your sleeping arrangements but I can take you there and back if you are enroute!

Edited by treblet

Hmm.... I can see a big stick and a roll of duct tape coming in handy to keep hold of all these walkie talkies at the same time, something similar to the megatron on peepshow!! :lol:

Edited by treblet

• 3 weeks later...

Any one else who would like a stop scheduled in somewhere? We aren't stopping every half and hour so if you could please sort out meeting places between yourself and we'll try to add you into the list.

Currently the stops are as follows:

Aberdeen (If anyone is actually joining me there?)

Dundee

Glasgow (Hamilton services on the M74)