Tunes of 2008?

LiamD

Yep, when they lost their "!" they seemed to lose their talent for decent music!

I disagree completely. They lost their 'electro' feel, yes. But they did this for a reason. The album is something completely different from anything else you'll find at the moment. They've done something superb but of course it won't be to all tastes.

It's a grower, I'll admit. Maybe give it a bit more of a listen??

I disagree completely. They lost their 'electro' feel, yes. But they did this for a reason. The album is something completely different from anything else you'll find at the moment. They've done something superb but of course it won't be to all tastes.

It's a grower, I'll admit. Maybe give it a bit more of a listen??

I've tried and its just not as good as the last album, I find myself flicking between tracks before they are finished rather than listening to the whole track or for that matter the whole album!

I love MGMT too

I'm not a massive fan of elbow but I think Grounds for Divorce is a brilliant track

I have good and bad memories of nights out thanks to Kids & Time to Pretend. Apart from the songs they've released I'm not massively keen on the rest of the album.

I don't mind Grounds for Divorce, but the lead singer's voice really grates on me, it seems really dreary and tiresome. Most people I know speak very highly of them, so I guess it's just me!

Some other tracks..

The Courteeners - Not Nineteen Forever

Scouting For Girls - I Wish I Was James Bond :blush: (guilty pleasure!)

The Verve - Love is Noise

The Pigeon Detectives - Everybody Wants Me

Not really kept up with other genres too much this year, was more into my old-skool dance music than newer stuff :lol: